PDA

View Full Version : Elderhostel: Great for Grandparents

MartiesMom2B
07-23-2003, 04:35 PM
Reading the travel program reminds me of a conversation I had with a couple that we had dinner with. The couple were over 55 and they were telling us how they are taking their whole family to Europe and how they have taken their grandchildren on all of these neat sounding trips. They participate in a program called Elderhostel, and they travel to different parts of the world and take classes and learn about the places they are in. I believe this is very affordable. This is for people over 55 and you are allowed to take your grandchildren. Martie is obviously too young now, (frankly so are my parents) but I think when they all are older this would be a great way for Martie to bond with her grandparents. I would've loved going on a trip with my grandparents, and think of all of that alone time with your DH/SO/DW!!!

If you would like more info to pass onto your parents or in-laws for further reference see www.elderhostel.org.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

mharling
07-23-2003, 05:09 PM
MY grandparents do these quite frequently and love them! I never knew that grandchildren could come along though. Very cool!

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3237413c427 - New 6/18