PDA

View Full Version : I'm back!!!

sntm
07-24-2003, 10:14 AM
Have lots to catch up on at work, but will try to catch up here too!

First, THANK YOU a thousand times to everyone who helped to support me and Jack when we were having so many problems with breastfeeding. I am indebted to everyone who gave suggestions, sent supportive emails, and gave me their phone numbers as a source of support. You will never know how much that meant to me and how that kept me going... and now, we are breastfeeding successfully, with minimal pain (I'm not even gritting my teeth anymore!), and as the cracks are almost healed, I expect that pain will go away soon. Jack is latching on much better now, though he still wants to do all by himself (he thinks his head control is a little better than it is so it is like an arcade game trying to center my nipple with his bobbing head) and still sometimes won't open his mouth wide enough. He falls asleep a lot during nursing but eats more before falling asleep and I'm a little better at waking him up. He is also gaining weight like a 4-H project -- a pound in 11 days!

He is smiling now and "talking" to us with little coos. He seems genuinely pleased when we coo back to him. He seems to be the new favorite at daycare, as he is the youngest and by far the smallest there, and they are wonderful at making me feel better. I cried buckets when I left him for a 1 hour trial on Tuesday and cried the whole way to work yesterday when I left him with DH to be dropped off later. Today I actually managed to leave him after breastfeeding there and did not cry (though felt awfully sad walking out to the parking lot.) And the last few days he is starting to get a routine (very good for me -- only one night feeding and then up at 5:00)

Will try to attach a picture later.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

Andrea S
07-24-2003, 11:53 AM
Welcome back!! Glad to hear the Bfing is better. It gets easier and easier.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

mamahill
07-24-2003, 11:57 AM
Welcome back! Congrats on feeling more confident with bfing and day care. Here's to happy times ahead!

sntm
07-24-2003, 12:17 PM
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

lizajane
07-24-2003, 12:29 PM
we can see your sweet jack!

congratulations on making it through. i had a HORRIBLE (pain pain pain) first 4 weeks breastfeeding, and now we are happy as clams.

:)

liza

atlbaby
07-24-2003, 01:53 PM
Welcome back! Glad to hear the bf-ing is going better, and that Jack is doing so well! I see him too--he's so cute!:)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2EDD 10/24/03-Another Girl!:)

KathyO
07-24-2003, 01:58 PM
Glad to hear that things are going so much better! I had been wondering how you were doing. He IS a cutie...

Cheers,

KathyO

peanut4us
07-24-2003, 02:02 PM
So happy to see you back. Congratulations.

cara1
07-24-2003, 03:19 PM
Welcome back to us, but guess that means you're back to work, too. How's pumping going?

parkersmama
07-24-2003, 05:08 PM
Congrats!!! You've passed your first "new mommy trial"! :-) I'm sooooo happy for you that the breastfeeding has improved. Now's the time you're gonna find out why we all love it so much and how rewarding it can be. Pat yourself on the back, girl! I know that going back to work is hard...big {{hugs}}. Sounds like they are gonna love that little man though! And he's a cutie...love the picture!

Board Baby
07-24-2003, 11:57 PM
Board Baby

The first 6 weeks of BFing are the hardest. Lanolin cream and toughening my nipples by airing them helped a lot. It gets easier and then becomes a breeze. the best part it is so much better for baby and they are never sick.

Enjoy Jack and all the best with daycare,

Lynn

MartiesMom2B
07-25-2003, 06:54 AM
Shannon:

I see your beautiful boy!! I'm so glad that your back. I've missed seeing you on the board and was wondering how things were going for you in your household.

I'm glad that things are getting better. I know its hard when you start but it does get easier.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

sntm
07-25-2003, 02:26 PM
Pumping actually is one of our easy tasks -- I had to start pumping so early that I am really used to it now and always get a good letdown and fairly large amounts even when doing other things (Heather (heva) shares an office with me and was impressed with my ability to pump while doing an online tutorial!) I'm always amused in the multitude of breastfeeding books who claim it takes only 10-15 minutes to pump. Okay, maybe, but add 5 minutes of setting everything up and 10 minutes for washing up and putting everything back.

shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03