PDA

View Full Version : Meeting flylady and to Meredith: Emilie is coming my way!!

kathsmom
07-25-2003, 09:23 AM
Hi, everyone!

For those of you "flying" with the Flylady, my friend met her last night. She had a Fly Fest at the Barnes and Noble in Greenville, SC. I wanted to go so badly, but just couldn't make it. My friend was already planning on heading up that way to Asheville, NC to pick up her daughter at the Cove Camp, so she stopped by. She said that Marla and Kelly were so nice and friendly. Very down to earth. They took time while signing books to talk to her about her specific problems. She got a tote bag for me signed by the Flylady! I hope that all of you who are flying are enjoying it!!

Meredith,

I checked Emilie's speaking schedule and she is headed my way! There are 2 weekends that she is speaking near me, so I need to ask my DH if he would watch the kids so I can go! Wish me luck, because I really want to see her!

mama2be
07-25-2003, 09:54 AM
are they heading my way...Raleigh is close enough to Greenville...I need to "fly"...:)

kathsmom
07-25-2003, 12:37 PM
Neve,

She actually lives in Brevard, NC. I think Brevard is in the Asheville area. I don't know how far that would be from you. You can check out her website to see if she will be having any more "Fly Fests". I haven't been to the website lately, because I signed up for her e-mail reminders through Yahoo. It's a free service. There is a link on her website for it.

I am planning on ordering the calendar from her website. My friend saw the calendar at the fly fest and she said it was just what she was looking for. Since I am the "keeper of the calendar" at home, I need something with enough room to write everything down, and she said she thought there was plenty of room.

Let me know if you join her group!

Take care!

MartiesMom2B
07-25-2003, 01:14 PM
Just wanted to say that I did join today and its not too bad.

I need to go out and buy some house shoes though, since I don't wear shoes inside the house. It's funny b/c as soon as she was talking about that theory I knew exactly who she worked for, as I do too.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

jd11365
07-25-2003, 01:21 PM
Stop! I have family that live in Brevard! What's her real name...maybe they know her personally...it's a very small town.

kathsmom
07-25-2003, 02:11 PM
Jamie,

Her name is Marla Cilley. She teaches fly fishing classes, does the flylady stuff, and I believe she is a county commissioner (or at least I know she used to be one!).

Let me know if your family knows her! That would be too wild!

MommytoDylan
07-26-2003, 11:57 PM
Toni,

I hope it works out for you to see Emilie! You will love her and her husband! Let me know if you see her! I'd love to know what her seminar is like now.

Take care,

Meredith