PDA

View Full Version : Please keep a new little baby in your prayers...

momathome
07-25-2003, 08:41 PM
Family friends of ours just had their first child, a baby boy, last night. He was born with 2 clubbed feet, 2 ribs fused together, his head size the same as his chest size (not good), and a smaller-than-normal penis. He was also very small, weighing just over 4 pounds even though he was born at 37 weeks. While my friends knew via ultrasound that the baby would have clubbed feet, they had no idea of all of the other deformities - doctors are currently trying to determine if the baby has some sort of genetic disorder. They had had an amnio done earlier in the pregnancy and it had come back perfectly normal. My heart really aches for them, particularly since this is their first child and they waited a long time to have him - they have been married for over 10 years. Please keep this little angel in your prayers...
-Lauren

mama2be
07-25-2003, 09:01 PM
Lauren,

All of my prayers are directed at him and his family...he will be so strong I have no doubt. Children that over come such situations are usually jsut brilliant in personality etc...
Please keep us all updated!!!!
Bless his little heart we'll be thinking about him. Today's medicine is remarkable I hope he is near a great institution, teaching hospital or University.
Hugs,

momathome
07-25-2003, 09:21 PM
Neve-
I just checked my e-mail - thank you so much for your kind words and offer of help. My friends live in New Jersey, not very far from Philadelphia where, thankfully, we have some of the best hospitals in the world, including Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, which was recently voted the best children's hospital in the country. I can attest to this because I volunteered there for several years in pediatric oncology and was treated there myself as a child for a heart defect. I truly believe miracles happen after the things that I saw take place at that hospital.
As soon as I have more information on the baby, I will be sure to post it. Thanks again-
-Lauren

mharling
07-25-2003, 11:05 PM
Lauren -
Please share my well wishes with your friends. I will keep them in my prayers. My heart ached when I read your post and I am hoping the best for them.

Edited to say: I forgot to ask him name!

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3237413c427 - New 6/18

peanut4us
07-26-2003, 12:02 AM
the poor little cherub. i can't imagine what that family must begoing through. i will keep them in my prayers, i really believe that God's most specia; blessings are saved for his little children.

cinrein
07-26-2003, 09:18 AM
Lauren,

My prayers are with your friends family and their little boy. I am so sad for them. A strong healthy baby is really such a blessing--I thank God everyday for it!

Please keep us updated.

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

lukkykatt
07-26-2003, 01:22 PM
Lauren, will keep this sweet little baby and his family in my prayers. Am hoping that all of your friends' questions will be answered soon.

I grew up in Phila., and know that he could not be receiving better care - how reassuring!

McQ
07-26-2003, 05:01 PM
My thoughts are with this special little boy and his family.

Mary

mamahill
07-26-2003, 06:00 PM
Prayers and thoughts to this little family and to you. Hugs from the west coast...

ctsiouts
07-26-2003, 06:05 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. I will be thinking of the family. I can't imagine how hard it must be for them and the poor child.

momathome
07-26-2003, 08:41 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. Unfortunately, the latest information that I have to post is not all that good. The baby is unable to eat on his own - they have put in a feeding tube (nasogastric tube). Also, they are also saying that his chin is set back too far on his face. They are still running tests to try and determine exactly what the baby's condition is, but for now, he will remain in the NICU. His name is Matthew Joseph. When I have more information, I will be sure to post it.
-Lauren

atlbaby
07-26-2003, 09:53 PM
Lauren,
I will keep baby Matthew and his family in my thoughts and prayers. This must be so hard on them, after trying so hard to have a baby and getting normal amnio results. I went to UPenn and volunteered at CHOP, as did DH, and as you said he is getting excellent medical care. Please let us know how things are going, and I will be praying for him.

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2EDD 10/24/03-Another Girl!:)

Annette_C
07-27-2003, 12:05 AM
Lauren,
My heart is breaking just from reading your post...I can imagine what your friends are going through...poor things!
They will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Keep us posted.
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

alkagift
07-27-2003, 01:05 PM
We'll say our prayers tonight thinking about him--and his parents!!

Allison
Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

todzwife
07-27-2003, 04:44 PM
Just wanted to share that he and his family will be in our prayers here too.
Shandelle :)

MommytoDylan
07-27-2003, 05:12 PM
I've been thinking about and praying for this baby ever since I read your post. The family is sure lucky to have friends like you, Lauren. Please keep us posted on his progress!

jojo2324
07-27-2003, 08:02 PM
Lauren, my heart goes out to you and your friends. I hope that better news will come for them soon.

Keeping them and their little angel in my thoughts.

natividad
07-27-2003, 08:33 PM
Lauren,

My heart goes out to you and your friends. I will keep Matthew in my prayers.

Naty

amp
07-27-2003, 08:55 PM
We also will be praying for baby Matthew and his family. Please let them know that they are being thought of.

liya
07-27-2003, 09:07 PM
he is in our prayers...it must be so hard i could never imagine it...but i will keep him in our thoughts and prayers...

kransden
07-28-2003, 10:15 AM
Poor little guy, He and his parents will be in my thoughts.

Karin
Katie 10/24/02

MommytoDylan
07-29-2003, 09:18 PM
Lauren,

Just wondering if you have an update for us.

momathome
07-30-2003, 09:06 AM
So far, the only new info that I have is that they have run a lot of different genetic tests to try and determine what the baby's condition is and that it will take up to 2 weeks to get the results. Hopefully, in another week or so, they will have a better idea as to what is going on. Matthew is still in the NICU. As soon as I have more info, I will be sure to post it. Thanks again to everyone for your kind words and prayers.
-Lauren

COElizabeth
07-30-2003, 09:46 AM
Thank you for the update. I've been thinking of him and his family. I hope that they get some good answers soon.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02