PDA

View Full Version : OT: What would be your 'Ditto'?

flagger
07-26-2003, 09:27 AM
In the movie Ghost Patrick Swayze gets Whoopi Goldberg to say "Ditto" to convince Demi Moore that she is legit and his spirit is still around. Well if you or your DH/DW, God forbid, passed on, what word or phrase would they use to convince you that they had come back or were still around?

Calmegja
07-26-2003, 09:55 AM
"Always and forever".

We played that song at our wedding, and we sign all of our cards that way, instead of love. I don't know that anyone else has ever realized that, so it would be a clear message.

daisymommy
07-26-2003, 10:18 AM
Sorry if this is too sappy!
DH calls me his "Wildflower". When we got together in college, I was very much a "granola-earthy-hippy-child" kind of person. On our fisrt date he gave me a boquet of wildflowers tied with a ribbon instead of roses. It was perefct. Now, even though I am more mainstream in many ways, and no one else knows how I once was, he says I still have the heart of a wildflower and uses this as his secret name for me :)

partyof5
07-26-2003, 10:40 AM
Flagger- You didn't share yours with us yet. :)

Since my DH has a cubicle at work with lots of eavesdroppers around him he's always reluctant to say "I love you" on the phone (or maybe he's trying to protect his tough guy image,lol). So we always say "8" to each other. It stands for the number of letters in "I love you." Then if we want to tell each other we love each other alot we go by multiples of 8 ie. 16, 32, 64....you get the picture.

Now our secret is out!

~Cindy
mommy to...
Isabella (1999)
Sophia (2001)
Ethan (2003)

flagger
07-26-2003, 10:48 AM
>Flagger- You didn't share yours with us yet. :)

It changes.

If one of us were to pass today.

I would say "Woman!".

And she would say "MAN!" in the same tone of voice Kathy Bates used in Misery.

todzwife
07-26-2003, 10:51 AM
DH has a very strange nickname that he calls me that comes from an episode of the Simpsons (his favorite show). I don't know if any of you have seen it, but it's the one when Homer buys a lobster and names it Pinchy. DH calls me "pinch". Which , now that I think about it, isn't very romantic but that episode is so funny I guess I can keep the nickname.
Shandelle :)

DDowning
07-26-2003, 12:25 PM
DH's line to me is "You're the best, you know that?".

trumansmom
07-26-2003, 01:35 PM
Our standard goodnight to each other is, "Glad you're mine."

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

JMarie
07-26-2003, 03:43 PM
"Hey Beautiful..."

That's what DH calls me...

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

kfcboston
07-26-2003, 04:57 PM
I just have to say that your Simpsons nickname is VERY funny. Don't ever get accidentally boiled and eaten for dinner! :-)

lizajane
07-26-2003, 07:20 PM
"i love you infiniti dollars"

which we stole from my sister, who said it to my mom when she was a toddler.

:)

liza

MartiesMom2B
07-26-2003, 07:46 PM
We are big Simpsons fans here too. When I showed DH your post he yelled "Pinchy" I don't know if there is anything that I call pull from the show to call DH besides Dorkus Mallorkus.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Annette_C
07-26-2003, 11:56 PM
Flagger,
You always come up with the best and most fun topics!!
Well, my first DH did pass away (young) and his pet name for me was an italian word for "cute girl".
My new DH and I have initials that we use to sign our cards: his is CK (cuddle king) and mine is CQ (cuddle queen) since (you guessed it!!) we are both cuddley people!:)
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02