PDA

View Full Version : Im back...

liya
07-26-2003, 10:56 PM
Were doing better not great but better atleast we know what it is now...Arian is severely allergic....i have to hang around with an epi pen now my plans to go to law school were postponed mainly because my babies life is more important to me than anything and we are getting by day by day...We hope next week the dr will tell us his levels have gone down and we wont be so jumpy..

i have been posting alot in MDC to get away and to find support whith moms who have gone through similar circumstances..That really helped because one day(thank you Sarah, Suzzane and Sonia btw) i just broke down....But now hes happy even though we have to check him all the time his like asthma type breathing has gone down...We got a scare because his trachea might close up from an attack and the dr told us to be extremely careful and aware...We are actually trying out milks(or non milk based to be exact) on Arian right now because even the baisic ones like pregestimil give him a reaction...Weird but true.....So right now we are on Soy and so far he has reacted to it also...but topic based rash not trachea related(i hope i get this right)....So on tuesday we do the (Iblablabla )its soemthing in the blood to test for allergies...again to see if the levels are still as high as they were..Just to give you a medium of what he has he was supposed to be in the 8.0 category and he has 120.0 which is extremely high....

Thank you so much for all of your concerns your prayers and thoughts were and still are very appreciated....

KimberleyDawn
07-26-2003, 11:14 PM
Linda,
I'm glad you're back. Stay positive (I know easier said than done) and try as much as possible to take care of yourself too during all this and post when you need our support.
Hugs to you and Arian.
Kim

Annette_C
07-26-2003, 11:59 PM
Linda,
Thinking of your and Arian and praying that all goes well.
Hang in there, hon...
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

mommyj
07-27-2003, 08:28 AM
I just want to let you know I'm thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way.

Marisa6826
07-27-2003, 09:00 AM
Linda-

I've been thinking a lot about you and your family, hoping that Arian's doing OK. Thank you so much for the update.

I'm sorry you're still having a rough time, but thankfully, you're finding out what's wrong and have a way of taking care of it.

I'm looking forward to hearing that Arian is continuing to do well.

Hugs

-m

egoldber
07-27-2003, 09:36 AM
Linda,

I'm glad that you're finally getting some answers to Arian's problems. Take it easy and join us when you can. :)

Thinking of you,

mama2be
07-27-2003, 10:03 AM
WE've missed and glad you and Arian are back...
My thoughts are with you as you go thru all of this...

JMarie
07-27-2003, 11:05 AM
Welcome back! I hope you and Arian are able to pull through this all and just know that we are here to support you. Please keep us posted.

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

KathyO
07-27-2003, 11:07 AM
I don't know if this does anything for you, but I always like to fix a bright future goal-image in my head at times like this... I worked with a guy who had multiple life-threatening allergies, and he was a gas to hang around with, a black-belt in kung fu, an expert skier, a computer guru, and athletic and drop-dead gorgeous to boot.

You're in the thick of the struggle right now, but spend some time daydreaming about your beautiful son with all the allergy issues ironed out, getting on with being energetic and smart and healthy and all the things he's meant to be...

Best wishes,

KathyO

atlbaby
07-27-2003, 01:22 PM
Thanks so much for the update. I've been thinking about you and Arian and am hoping that you get good news about his levels at the doctor next week. I'm glad you are getting some answers, and I hope things improve for him. We're here for you!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2EDD 10/24/03-Another Girl!:)

mamahill
07-27-2003, 05:04 PM
Hugs!! Glad to see you're feeling up to checking back in. Come and go as you please. We'll be here for the good times and bad (to talk about allergies or diapers - whatever you want!). You are one tough mama and Arian is lucky to have you. Hang in there!

gravymommy3
07-27-2003, 06:21 PM
Linda,

Hang in there. Grayson has had an epi-pen since 14 months old (severely allergic to eggs and peanuts and somewhat allergic to soy). Via blood tests, we know that Hayden has egg, milk, peanut and soy, so now we have an epi-pen Jr. for her.

Make sure that you have the epi-pen Jr. (not the full size one for him). I am sure your allergist prescribed the Jr. one but just make sure because the dose of epinephrine in the regular one is too heavy for the little guys.

Also, keep benadryl on hand. I give this first to see if it can head off a full-blown reaction. I am terrified of using the epi-pen and thankfully have never had to use it (though Grayson did have to have adrenalin administered at the hospital twice.)

The important thing to remember is to keep calm (I realize that this is hard to do in situations like this) so that you can do what you need to do to help Arian.

If you do decide to put him in daycare in the future, give the daycare two epi-pens, instruct them on how to properly use them (no swinging arm motions are necessary) and to make sure to inform the emts to have epi on board.

I wish I could be there with you - I know how scary it is and I am sorry you are having to deal with this.

hang in there Linda (and Arian!)

nigele
07-27-2003, 07:16 PM
Sorry little Arian has gone through so much. We'll be thinking of you and wish you the best.

momathome
07-27-2003, 08:55 PM
Linda-
I'm glad to hear you are getting some answers and information to help with Arian - I sincerely hope he is feeling better soon. Kasey has allergies and asthma, too, and I know how frustrating it can be when your baby is sick and you don't know how to help them. Hugs to you and little Arian...
-Lauren

jojo2324
07-27-2003, 09:02 PM
Glad to hear you have an answer, even if it's not the best one...It's something to work with. Thinking of you and your little one, and hope that everything gets better soon. Big hugs!

liya
07-27-2003, 09:04 PM
>Linda,
>
>Hang in there. Grayson has had an epi-pen since 14 months
>old (severely allergic to eggs and peanuts and somewhat
>allergic to soy). Via blood tests, we know that Hayden has
>egg, milk, peanut and soy, so now we have an epi-pen Jr. for
>her.
>
>Make sure that you have the epi-pen Jr. (not the full size
>one for him). I am sure your allergist prescribed the Jr.
>one but just make sure because the dose of epinephrine in
>the regular one is too heavy for the little guys.
>
>Also, keep benadryl on hand. I give this first to see if it
>can head off a full-blown reaction. I am terrified of using
>the epi-pen and thankfully have never had to use it (though
>Grayson did have to have adrenalin administered at the
>hospital twice.)
>
>The important thing to remember is to keep calm (I realize
>that this is hard to do in situations like this) so that you
>can do what you need to do to help Arian.
>
>If you do decide to put him in daycare in the future, give
>the daycare two epi-pens, instruct them on how to properly
>use them (no swinging arm motions are necessary) and to make
>sure to inform the emts to have epi on board.
>
>I wish I could be there with you - I know how scary it is
>and I am sorry you are having to deal with this.
>
>hang in there Linda (and Arian!)

yes we have the epi JR and regretfully we did have to use it once..thank god just once...but im so happy i have someone else that has gone through this to talk to...thank you all so much for your support..

trumansmom
07-27-2003, 09:19 PM
Sending my positive thoughts and prayers your way. I'm so glad to hear you are finally getting answers.

Good luck and please remember to try and take care of yourself as well during this really hard time. Arian needs a healthy mommy! (I know, I know, easier said than done.)

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

chrissyhowie
07-27-2003, 09:49 PM
Linda,

I'm so glad that at least you have some answers to what was going on. I know that little Arian will be just fine with someone like you watching over him. You have so much joy and positive energy -- your son will thrive with such loving support! Make sure to take care of yourself too, okay? :)

cinrein
07-28-2003, 07:46 AM
Linda
Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you and Arian and keeping both of you in my prayers. You are doing an AMAZING job and Arian is so lucky to have you!

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

AngelaS
07-29-2003, 06:52 AM
Glad to hear they've found the source of Arian's woes.

My nephew also must carry an epipen with him. He's 7 and knows to ask before eating ANYTHING. He has thankfully NEVER had to use his epipen--my sister is that viligant. :)

(((HUGS)))

emilyr
07-29-2003, 12:41 PM
Linda,
Thanks for the update...glad you were feeling up to letting us know. I have been thinking of you all and hoping you were finding answers. I'll still be praying for you guys and thinking of you.

Emily