PDA

View Full Version : What are your nap schedules?

natividad
07-29-2003, 09:45 AM
We have been doing good so far with naps, although we could do better. Since I am at home with DS (we had planned for me to stay with him for about six months), he has to accompany me when I do errands and thus at times his nap schedule suffers. No, I do not consider napping while we are out and about good quality sleep.

So, my question is, when do you schedule nap time? I mostly go by DS. He is usually ready for a nap around 9 am and then again sometime in the afternoon. He naps anywhere from 45 min. to 1 hour, but I am trying to make him sleep longer by lying next to him in bed (we co-sleep) and bfing him.

I am also trying to schedule outings/errands around his naps. If you could please share what your schedules are that would be really helpful. Ours change from day to day, but as long as I can get him to sleep a solid 2 - 4 hours during the day, I am not all that concerned when these take place.

Also ladies and gents, what are your schedules with your babes in general? We do some playtime in the morning, maybe watch a Baby Einstein video (while I shower), do errands from noon to 2pm, try to nap anywhere from 3 to 5, more playtime, etc. The sleep routine starts around 7pm which culminates anywhere between 7:45 - 8:30pm.

TIA,
Naty

heytootsy
07-29-2003, 12:01 PM
Our nap schedule is very similar. By 9 am she's ready. Her morning nap is usually an hour. By 1 o'clock, she goes down again, this time for 2-3 hours. In the evening, she always takes a cat nap and is in bed by 7:30.

As for our daily activities. Mornings we play a little. In the afternoon we read, play in the ultrasaucer, do laundry, and maybe boogie down for a bit (she likes to dance!) After her afternoon nap, we go for a nice long walk.

Sometimes I just do not know what to do with her. She looks at me like she is bored to tears, literally. A Mama can only do so much. Oh teh, if we do errands, it is also in the afternoon.