PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for a baby gift for a friends' 3rd baby???

ChrisH2
07-29-2003, 12:46 PM
Hello,

Wondering what gift ideas are out there for a friend who just had her 3rd baby (3rd boy)??

I was thinking a gift cert. to BRU?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris edd #1 9/16/03

lukkykatt
07-29-2003, 01:01 PM
You can never go wrong with a gift cert.

One of my GF's just had her third baby and I gave her the "gift of sleep". I sent her pajamas and a white noise machine for her, and a lovey, bedtime lotion, and a bedtime book for the baby. She called me as soon as the package arrived and said that she really liked it.

millerpjm
07-29-2003, 01:06 PM
Maybe a special outfit - if it's her 3rd boy he probably has almost all hand me down stuff.

Just an idea...

Jen

Proud mama to Thomas 2/3/03

jd11365
07-29-2003, 01:07 PM
I got GC's from BRU too, but since it's a great distance, it can be a pain...unless I want to use them online and pay shipping. If you go the GC route, you may think Target which has great baby stuff and is usually close to everybody.

cinrein
07-29-2003, 01:16 PM
I don't know how old her first 2 boys are, but there are a lot of "new" baby items that weren't around a few years ago. Like the BundleMe or LE car/stroller covers. I'm having a brain freeze right now and can't think of other examples!

It also might be nice to get something personalized for the new baby since he probably won't have much that is his own. I've heard that everyone gets all kinds of keepsakes for a first baby, but almost none for subsequent babies.

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

ddmarsh
07-29-2003, 01:17 PM
I was going to suggest clothes as well. By the time I had my 3rd son I was pretty much sick of all of the clothes we had and he was also born in a different season so I really needed new things for him.

Happy shopping!

Debbie
Mommy to 3 DS's, 1 DD

Marisa6826
07-29-2003, 01:34 PM
A friend of mine just had a third baby and I gave her a beautiful three-photo frame from Pottery Barn. She just loved it.

When the baby was actually born, I gave her a bunch of onesies and a matching blanket with a note that said, "Everybody deserves their OWN underwear!".

Good luck

-m

brubeck
07-29-2003, 05:53 PM
A friend of mine just had her second boy. About a week after the birth I just dropped off packages of diapers and wipes and some Desitin. I figured one of the best gifts I could give would be for them not to HAVE to leave the house!

You could also try a hospital care package: nursing nightgown, calling card, peppermint foot cream, snacks, Lansinoh, etc.

Calmegja
07-29-2003, 07:41 PM
I loved personalized things for babies, and I really appreciated them as gifts with my later babies.

For second/third/? babies, I always send a blanket with the baby's name on it, just because I thought it was so cool to receive them myself....I also loved a Taggie blanket I got for Josh, just because I'd never seen anything like it before. One of my friends got me an engraved photo album for Meg's birth, #3, and I thought that was a wonderful, thoughtful git as well.

I love the onesie "everybody needs their own underwear" idea. That's too cute! ;-)

Momof3Labs
07-29-2003, 08:54 PM
This is one of my favorites:

http://www.theramp.net/mannmade/

The pictures on the site just don't do these blankets justice. She embroiders around the edge of the blanket, and includes all kind of information beyond name, date and weight. You can put the parents' names, siblings' names, pets' names, grandparents' names - pretty much anything. We got a small one as a gift, and I ended up ordering a big one for Colin.

josephsmom
07-30-2003, 12:36 PM
I think your friend might appreciate a gift certificate for spa treatments, or house cleaning, or home-delivered meals, or babysitting, more than for baby items! Just a thought...

Helene
mommy to Joseph 12/29/01

cara1
07-30-2003, 01:03 PM
I like the idea of some of the "newer" gadgets that might be out there...I'm particularly fond of the shopping cart seat covers (I have a Baby ala Cart). You might also consider offering to babysit the two older boys. I also have a personalized flip step stool for DS that he loves to use as a chair and watch Sesame Street. They're easy to find, but one site is www.giftsite4.com or www.creationsbykim.com. Peekaboocottage.com has some really nice personzlied onesies, blankies, and pillows.