PDA

View Full Version : any ideas for a thank-you gift for ob/gyn?

mommyj
07-29-2003, 06:19 PM
Did any of you get a thank you present for your ob/gyn or midwife? If so, what did you get?
I want to buy something, but I keep changing my mind about what I want to get. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you might have.
TIA!

sugarsnappea
07-29-2003, 06:38 PM
You probably already thought of this... I gave my female OB/GYN a box of Godiva chocolates. I couldn't think of anything else. She told me later that she devoured it in 2 days!
:)

LucyG
07-29-2003, 08:27 PM
We got a card and wrote our midwife a nice thank-you note. We included a picture of her holding our baby after the delivery.

ctsiouts
07-29-2003, 08:29 PM
Ok, I suck and didn't do anything for my Dr. BUT I have heard people suggest little bath and body works products (for the women at least) Maybe a nice scented candle or something. I don't know, maybe that's dumb. But if I were a midwife I would love to get something like that.
I also like the idea of a photo.

SDMom
07-29-2003, 08:48 PM
A friend donated several books to our public library in honor of her OB/GYN and the hospital staff. She worked with the library staff to select some titles relating to childbirth and babies that were not already in their collection. The library sent a letter acknowledging the gift, and included book plates in each book to honor the recipients. It's a nice idea for a permanent remembrance for people who have/get everything. I thought that this was a great idea, but never got around to doing it! A donation to a battered women’s shelter or other woman-oriented center/service would also be nice.

Nancy

Roleysmom
07-29-2003, 09:15 PM
At my six week post-partum visit, I gave my midwife and the L&D nurse who was with me for the start and finish of my delivery each a tube of L'Occitane hand cream. (The absolute best hand cream in the whole wide world!) I got the idea after seeing how many times the nurses in the Special Care nursery washed their hands. My midwife seemed to like it. I also gave a picture of all of us and the L&D nurse that was taken shortly after DD's arrival.

Paula
-- mom to Roley Julia 01-04-02

partyof5
07-29-2003, 09:16 PM
In the waiting room of my ob/gyne there was this huge album filled with the pictures of babies that she had delivered. So after her newly hired partner delivered my DD #2, I bought her new partner a silver photo album engraved with "Dr. Sarah Stork's Special Deliveries" in the front. Then I added a picture of my DD in the inside so that she could start her own collection of baby pictures. She loved it and was touched by the gesture. Now I have to think of something new to give her since she just delivered my DS. :)

~Cindy
mommy to...
Isabella (1999)
Sophia (2001)
Ethan (2003)

trumansmom
07-30-2003, 10:07 AM
I LOVE this idea! I will definitely borrow it if/when we have another.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

mommyj
07-30-2003, 11:27 AM
Thanks for all the good ideas!

cara1
07-30-2003, 01:10 PM
We sent a big gourmet basket with chocolates, fruit, candy, nuts, etc.