PDA

View Full Version : A small miracle has happened: she found the pacifier and put it in by herself!!

LucyG
07-30-2003, 01:04 PM
In the grand scheme of things, I realize that this is a minor achievement. BUT, it seems huge to me!! DD was fussing in her crib a little while ago, and I put off going to her because I knew she was tired and just needed to settle herself. When the fussing stopped, I peeked in to check on her. Lo and behold, she had picked up a pacifier (we keep a ridiculous number of them in her crib) and stuck it in her mouth! She was asleep and sucking away! For a few weeks now, she's been nonchalantly plucking them out and gnawing on them while awake. A few times she's gotten one back in, but only while happy and playful. I am so excited! Now, if we can just get her to do it again, AND during the night . . .

kfcboston
07-30-2003, 01:21 PM
Congratulations! How old is your baby? DS found his thumb about 2 weeks ago, and it has been THE single most exciting quality-of-life upgrade for me AND him of his enitre short life thus far! It has translated into much better sleep habits and patterns. I just can NOT allow myself to worry about eventually weaning him of it......for now, it's great!

atlbaby
07-30-2003, 01:38 PM
That's wonderful! No minor achivement, believe me! When babies can find ways to soothe themselves (pacis, thumbs, blankets...) it's such a relief--they've discovered we're not the ONLY solution out there! I hope the trend continues!:)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2EDD 10/24/03-Another Girl!:)

LucyG
07-30-2003, 01:45 PM
She's five months old (born 2-19). I was hoping she'd be a finger sucker, but I'll take the pacifier at this point! Isn't amazing the things that are exciting now? Before I had a baby, I had no clue how much the focus of my life would shift!

kfcboston
07-30-2003, 02:18 PM
There sure is a new king of our castle! :-)