PDA

View Full Version : 5 days later, my Weissbluthed baby is much happier!

peanut4us
07-30-2003, 05:35 PM
We started being diligent about naps on Saturday and since then she has only awakened one or two times a night to eat. it whas been awesome. I know that doens't sound that impressive, but she was wanting to get up every 2 hours! So you understand why I am delighted.

It has been a little limiting in terms of scheduling errands or just going out to dinner, but we figure after another week or so,, the occasional schedule blip will work out

egoldber
07-30-2003, 06:07 PM
That's wonderful! And you'll be amazed how quickly you start to "unconsciously" plan your day and your outings around the sacred naptimes!

Hooray!

mamahill
07-30-2003, 08:50 PM
Fantastic! Congrats! Isn't it amazing what small steps can do to improve your morale?! Way to go Sara!!

stella
07-30-2003, 09:43 PM
I used to think that my friends who talked about schedules were a little on the rigid side. That was when I had one baby younger than 6 months.

Now ith two, I have learned the hard way not to take a chance on a fussy child - everyone is happier when we are on a routine and I can actually get some things accomplished.

The worst days are when their naps are off and one sleeps just until I get the other one down for a nap.

Days when I don't get that expected break are just exhausting for me!!

I love scheduled naps and bedtimes!!

puglucy
07-31-2003, 11:11 AM
I know that doens't sound that
>impressive,>>

sounds very impressive to me -- congrats! We too are working on this, & while the kinks may take awhile to work out, it's very obvious to me that it's good for all of us.

Lucy
mama to Alex 3/18/03

kathsmom
07-31-2003, 12:31 PM
Joey,

Congratulations! We got the Weissbluth book months ago, but just now started implementing the techniques (DS is now 10 months old!). We started with the bedtime on Monday night and DS has slept through the night each night (with only 1 wake up last night for his pacifier).

I started his naps yesterday and he did great, but we are hitting some snags today.

I am going to e-mail you if you don't mind!

Again congratulations!

barbarhow
07-31-2003, 09:29 PM
Isn't it awesome??? Jack sleeps through the night and is finally starting to love his naps during the day. He wakes up the happiest little guy and has such a wonderful temperament. Congratulations!Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03