PDA

View Full Version : New Yahoo group site for the Organizationally Challenged!

daisymommy
07-31-2003, 07:09 AM
For those of us organizationally challenged, I just started a Yahoo site for "therapy". I figured we were going to need alot of help, and many-many posts to get our lives under control! We would probably end of taking over the "Lounge" forum. There are no posts yet, so let's get started! Here's the link:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/getyourselforganized/

Please post your questions, tips, and ideas. Also, speedy recipes (that can be made when you have been shopping at the mall until 6:00pm, and come home to a starving DH who wonders "What's for dinner?"--no this didn't happen to me yesterday...;)

mharling
07-31-2003, 09:12 AM
Good idea! I just joined.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3237413c427 - New 6/18

kathsmom
07-31-2003, 09:31 AM
Hi, Amy!

I just joined too! Great idea! BTW, I got your e-mail yesterday, but we started adding naps to the Weissbluth method yesterday, and Andrew took 2 naps, so I was able to do 3 loads of laundry, clean out the spice/herb/baking cabinet, and clean out the fridge and freezer. Yay! My house is still a mess, but I am working on it a little at a time!

Thanks for starting the group!

daisymommy
07-31-2003, 10:28 AM
Oh my gosh! Congrats on jobs well done! Lets hope today goes as well for you.

kathsmom
07-31-2003, 11:03 AM
I spoke too soon! Andrew got up and was fine, then when he started showing signs of sleepiness, I rocked him for a few minutes, offered the bottle in case he was hungry (he wasn't), and put him in his crib. He started crying, which didn't bother me because he cried for less than 1 minute for each nap yesterday and went to sleep. Not today! He cried off and on for 45 minutes (more on than off!), so I got him up. I am hoping he is better this afternoon! He has done so well the last 3 nights and then the good naps yesterday, so I am hoping this morning was just a fluke. Wish me luck around 1:30 or 2:00 this afternoon!

So needless to say, I am trying to keep him out of Katherine's way and do a few things as he will let me (he's pretty peeved with me right now!!LOL!).

Anyway, thanks again for organizing this group!

P.S. I made out my menu and grocery list and went shopping last night. I have a couple of places to go to pick up things my Super Walmart doesn't carry, but we now have a fairly stocked fridge and pantry!

peanut4us
07-31-2003, 12:48 PM
Great idea! Now come on ladies (and gents)... get a move on and post!

peanut4us
07-31-2003, 12:50 PM
We're doing this too, and it really is two steps forward one step back. Just keep on it. It'll work out. Just don't give up. I'd say about every other day she gives me problems with one nap. If she fusses enough, I just bag that nap, but then I only keep her up for about an hour tops (and she's usually showing tired signs by then).

I'm thinking of you guys!