PDA

View Full Version : Search for sloppy borders...

Dcclerk
07-31-2003, 12:41 PM
I'm finally working on what to me is an extremely dreadful task... the baby book. I wish I had the heart of a scrapbooker but I truly do not. I truly envy those that do because the whole thing is practically giving me hives. :) I have always hated putting pictures in albums (and thus do not) but feel that it is important for DS to have a baby book. I've got all kinds of pictures from the digital camera and I would like to have them printed with sloppy borders (you know, that more artistic-looking, rough-edged look?). I figure it might inspire me if I get something cool like that and don't feel compelled to cut them into cute little shapes.

Do you know of any of the online places that do sloppy borders? If not, do you know anywhere else that I can email my pictures to get them with the sloppy borders? (I'm too technologically challenged to figure out how to burn them on to a CD and they have already been deleted over the memory card.)

dogmom
07-31-2003, 01:51 PM
One of the borders available at www.shutterfly.com looks like that, I got most of my photos with it. I like the look. I also some photos in B&W. I am also scrapbook phobic. :+ What I am doing is getting a nice photo book with plain black paper someone gave me and putting the photos in it with the scotch tape sticky things that are for photos. (I can't manage those corners without driving myself crazy) Then I got one of those new silver sharpie pens for 99 cents and I am writing captions on the black. It looks good for such little effort. I just did 5 pages in 15 minutes. I tried to visit the scrapbook section in a craft store on Monday and I got a headache from all the stuff I don't have a clue about!

alkagift
07-31-2003, 03:15 PM
I know that somewhere I've seen scissors that have a rough edge like that (maybe Michaels?) so that all you'd have to do to is cut the pictures around the edge yourself...

You're a better woman that me, I just have some cool photo albums and a baby book.

Allison
Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03