PDA

View Full Version : Question for any of you who swaddled after 4 months. Bumping back up... I know there are lots of you out there

peanut4us
07-31-2003, 12:57 PM
DD is still swaddled to sleep, even for naps. Otherwise she flops around and wakes herself up (or stops herself from going to sleep). I don't have a problem with swaddling her, and I'm actually quite proud of my full body bind!

BUT, she rolls over now. I haven't seen her do it swaddled, but she sure tries. I'm worried she'll roll over and suffocate. Did any of you do anything different with your swaddles when your child was big enough to roll over?

Would you just swaddle but with arms left out? I don't know how well that will work for us. Her arms are the biggest problem.

gour0
07-31-2003, 01:04 PM
I'm right there with you! He's not rolling over yet, but he's almost there. Right now I use a sleep positioner to keep him from spinning in circles, but he's starting to creep down. I don't know what to do. I'm getting pressure from family to wean him off the swaddling, but I don't really want to. I'm interested to see what the 'pros' do. :)

Marisa6826
07-31-2003, 04:17 PM
Hi Joey!

Sophie was swaddled until about 4-1/2 months I think. She never liked having her arms and hands swaddled after about 5 weeks. We would leave her arms out after that.

She didn't try rolling around though. But she WOULD kick her feet out of the blanket no matter how craftily she was swaddled at night.

Does she try and pull her arms out of the swaddle? That's a really good trick to be able to roll without her arms if she can! :)

-m

LucyG
08-01-2003, 01:33 PM
We are still swaddling at night, and DD is five months old. She is not rolling from back to front yet (and not really much from front to back), and I wonder if the swaddling is part of the reason. I'm not really worried about it, but that just occurred to me. I have been thinking of gradually loosening the swaddle, to wean her from it. We have always swaddled with arms out, even as a newborn. Sorry I can't be of more help to you! I'll be interested in the responses you get.