PDA

View Full Version : OLD Boston post?? Things to do while in Boston???

SASM
08-01-2003, 01:26 AM
HELP...I am trying to find my old post questioning things to do while in Boston. I had it bookmarked and it has since vanished :-( Does anyone have the link??

Just in case I cannot find the link, does anyone have any suggestions?? I will be in the downtown area, somewhere on Comm Ave near the convention center. I have checked out www.UrbanBaby.com but that seems to be geared more towards people who live in Boston, not visiting. Any other suggestions??? Ian is 6 months old and Mommy REALLY wants to shop while Daddy is out at a conference!! I thought that people recommended some GREAT children's stores but I cannot remember where ~ one is possibly in Cambridge. I want to check out gear and clothing :-)

TIA!!!

dogmom
08-01-2003, 10:23 AM
Hmm, Wordsworth has a good Children's Bookstore in Harvard Square. All the gear places I know are in the suburbs. (Am I missing something?) I would definately go to Filene's Basement (the real thing, not those imposters) in downtown Boston. I may neighbor just came back from the Aquarium with her 6 month old and he loved it, that is on the T which is easy to do if you have a portable stroller. I have shopped at a lot of little, funky boutique places that have children's clothes, but they are not exclusively for kids. All other places I can think of in or very near Boston are chains. (Rugged Bear, BabyGap, Children's Place)

If you want someone to *help* you shop you can always email me!

kss611
08-01-2003, 11:16 AM
You will be steps away from Copley Place and the Prudential Center which both have shopping malls in them. Maybe the shop that you are talking about in Cambridge is Calliope in Harvard Square. The Gap Kids in Harvard Square usually has a really good selection of clothes on sale. You might also want to talk a walk over to the Public Garden and maybe take Ian on a Swan Boat ride.

Karen

Mom to Meredith 6-'02

kfcboston
08-01-2003, 11:30 AM
I believe the large FAO Scwartz store on Boylston Street at Clarendon is still open?? Tons of fun! Also check out the public Garden with swan boats and the Make Way for Ducklings mini-monument - kids can climb and sit on the duckys!

SASM
08-01-2003, 02:39 PM
I will email you ;-)

momathome
08-01-2003, 09:01 PM
I believe there is also a boutique right in the Prudential or Copley Place called Kenzie Kids that has amazing children's clothing. It carries a lot of European brands that are top notch and, unfortunately, top price. Have fun!
-Lauren

parkersmama
08-01-2003, 10:58 PM
I love that bookstore! When we visited Boston, dh farily had to tear me away from there! We dropped a ton of money buying great books and games for the boys. I so wish there was a store like that around here. :-)