PDA

View Full Version : It's like I have a new child!

jd11365
08-03-2003, 09:11 PM
I've decided if you can make it to 3 months...you'll keep 'em! I didn't realize how hard the first 2 months really were until now. Kayla is officially sleeping through the night, naps 2-3 times a day, self-sooths herself to sleep by sucking her thumb, shows hardly any signs of colic (if at all) and is generally a much happier baby all around! (She can be a moody little sucker though.) We made it! You guys were right...it gets better once they start sleeping through the night. It is so nice to begin to be on a schedule. Now if I could figure out how to keep her from crying when the car has to stop at red lights...but that's a whole other story. :-)

momathome
08-03-2003, 09:27 PM
Congratulations on making it throught the 4th trimester!!! It's amazing how much easier it is to enjoy your baby once you feel like you are functioning mormally again! As far as crying at red lights, we never really figured that one out well. DH used to pump the break to make the car BOUNCE whenever we stopped but truthfully, I don't think this ever made much to difference to Liza when she was a baby. Have fun enjoying your little angel!
-Lauren

MartiesMom2B
08-03-2003, 09:41 PM
God bless the thumb. Martie started sleeping through the night when she started sucking on the thumb. Congratulations on making it through!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

kristine_elen
08-03-2003, 09:45 PM
I used to do the brake pumping (would stop a few yards early so I'd have room to go/brake/go/brake...) and that did the trick, sometimes. Not sure it's great for the car, but sometimes we can't worry about these things!

mharling
08-03-2003, 10:29 PM
Yea Kayla & yea Jamie!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful progress!

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3237413c427 - New 6/18

parkersmama
08-05-2003, 03:42 PM
Amen to that! Same here...sleeping through the night since 2 months when the thumb was discovered. :-)

daisymommy
08-05-2003, 03:45 PM
Hee-hee. DH and I did this too. People would stare at us like there was something going wrong with our car. Oh well, you do what you have to do!

daisymommy
08-05-2003, 03:46 PM
Congratulations. Isn't amazing how much better life gets when the colic is over, and you start getting some sleep yourself? I'm convinced parents of colicy babies will get golden wings in heaven!