PDA

View Full Version : OT--How do you grill veggies, specifically zuchini, summer squash

peanut4us
08-04-2003, 04:22 PM
I want to grill some summer squash and zuchini. Do I just cut it up and wrap it in some foil with garlic and olive oil? Does anyone nknow for hoe long? Or have better ideas?

MartiesMom2B
08-04-2003, 05:26 PM
My favorite way to grill these are to cut up in chunks and stick on a skewar with some olive oil and other marinade on it. I think I leave it on the grill for about 5 minutes rotating once. It's really yummy that way. The foil would work too, but poke some holes into the foil packet so you can get some of the smoky flavor on it. I think 5 minutes would do fine too.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

mom2kandj
08-04-2003, 05:35 PM
Soooo easy and soooo good! Wash and dry your zucchini, then cut it on the angle so that you have egg shaped ovals at about 1/2" thick. We throw ours in a big plastic zipper bag with a little bit of olive oil, some kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, a little minced garlic, and sometimes some rosemary. Close the bag then toss the zucchini to coat. On a medium high grill, lightly brush the grill with olive oil then put your zucchini on. Takes about 3-4 minutes per side or until grill marks appear. Yummmm!

Rose
mom 2 Katie (31 months)
& Jack (15 months)

cara1
08-04-2003, 05:57 PM
Do you place it directly on the grill, or on one of those "grilling trays" for veggies?

mom2kandj
08-04-2003, 06:16 PM
If you cut the pieces on the angle, they are bigger (& less likely to fall thru) and can go directly on the grill! If you prefer smaller pieces, I'd use a veggie basket! HTH!

Rose
mom 2 Katie (31 months)
& Jack (15 months)

Laurelsmom2002
08-05-2003, 04:17 PM
We cut them in big diagonal slices, brush them w/ olive oil and sprinkle w/ season salt- will have to try the garlic and herb mixture though- hmmm
Colleen
Laurel 9/16/02

stillplayswithbarbies
08-06-2003, 09:57 PM
I do mine in the George Foreman grill. Just slice them thick and spray with olive oil.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03