PDA

View Full Version : OT: When was your last Vendingasm?

flagger
08-04-2003, 10:53 PM
It is the karma across the world of vending machines. You go through life and from time to time, you won't get the item you paid for or the vending machine will eat your money. Then from time to time, you will pay for an item, reach into the coin return and you pull out more money than your change should have been. You get this intense rush of getting something for nothing when this happens. At least I do. I figure it is just the yin and yang of Ho-ho's. You win some you lose some.

I bet this is so common that even when walking through the corridors of the Redmond campus after putting his two dollars in for a 20 oz. bottle of Sierra Mist when he reaches in to get $.75 in change, Bill Gates gets a Vendingasm when he withdraws $1.00 in quarters. It is just human nature. Imagine what he does when he has to shake the snack machine because his Peanut M&M's are stuck and something extra falls down!!!

I had my last vendingasm on Friday night. How about you?

Can you tell I have insomnia again and Cocoa is sleeping soundly?

justlearning
08-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Great word and idea--the vendingasm...I had one today when DS was great all day long, looking at me with big smiles, "talking" to me, holding my hand and touching my face, and taking all of his naps without too much protesting. A day like today repays me back for those days when I felt like I was giving lots and not getting much enjoyment in return (those days when all DS seemed to do was just cry, eat, have a diaper blowout, and repeat it all over again!).

BTW, Flagger, I just looked at your website and Cocoa is so cute! I know she's just a few days younger than my son, so it's amazing to see the pictures of her where it looks like she's standing and ready to take off walking! Although DS's latest trick--which he enjoys showcasing all the time now--is rolling over onto his tummy, he's currently much more comfortable in a lying-down position than in any position that resembles standing or walking. :)

flagger
08-04-2003, 11:24 PM
Thank you so much.

It is funny. Cocoa spends so little time on her back except under her gymini that she has not worked on rolling over. She did start to bat at the toys hanging over her Snugride on the drive home this weekend.

We are ready for the exercaucer or walker methinks as she just LOVES standing. I will even balance her for a few seconds and she will fall against my chest. Real laughter is slow in coming, but she squeals in delight when I spin the stabile/mobile over her changing table.