PDA

View Full Version : Yeah GIANT PANDA in Ca pregnant with twins!!!!

mama2be
08-05-2003, 02:23 PM
how exciting!!!!

daisymommy
08-05-2003, 04:00 PM
I knew you--the animal lover--would be happy with this :)

MartiesMom2B
08-05-2003, 04:23 PM
Hooray for the panda. I love pandas. I used to pretend I was a panda when I was little (yes, I was weird child - I also insisted I was a cat for a year after my parents took me to see the musical Cats) and loved going to the national zoo to see Ling Ling and Xing Xing.

I'm saying a quick prayer for the panda and her babes. My love for them has made me research them and little panda babies are very very vulnerable to disease.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

deborah_r
08-05-2003, 05:11 PM
Where in CA is the Panda? I am in CA, and would like to see the babies (and the mama of course - wouldn't want her to feel slighted) :)

mama2be
08-05-2003, 05:17 PM
I THINK San Fran is what they said...I don't know how long gestation is...I think they just realaized she is pregnant with twins :)...

When they are born oddly enough they are the size of "sticks of butter"...if I remember correctly.

DDowning
08-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Actually - its in San Diego at the Zoo. Can't wait next year to go down and visit them!!!

Michelle in SD
08-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Actually, the panda. Bai Yun, is at the San Diego Zoo. They showed her ultrasound pictures on the news yesterday...VERY cool! This is her second pregnancy (her first was Hua Mei, born almost 4 years ago, I believe).

Here's a link, in case you'd like to read more...
http://zoocf.console.net/pressreleases/releasedetail.cfm?id=122

Michelle