PDA

View Full Version : So lonely...

deborah_r
08-07-2003, 01:48 AM
11:25 pm PST

dh is asleep ds is asleep

2 out of 3 of my dp's (dear pets) are asleep

and I'm drinking water, eating oatmeal, and trying to eak out 4 oz. with my Isis, because I was bad and did not pump today at work (4 hours) & barely drank any water all day

ah, here comes the dog...must have heard the spoon scraping against the bowl

Oh well, I hope tomorrow is a better day. Maybe I'll call in sick to work (sure on my 3rd day back, that's a great idea). Maybe I'll call in insane and sleep-deprived.

mom2kandj
08-07-2003, 02:24 AM
You are not alone! Get some rest and do something nice for yourself tomorrow! Pick some flowers for your workplace, read a magazine other than Parenting/Child/etc, treat yourself to a light lunch with a yummy dessert, take a walk in the sunshine, put together a little brag book with pics of your baby, get a pedicure, take off from work early! (Tell your boss the truth...you're a little blue about being back at work!)

Though I'm now a SAHM, I've been there! I returned to work at 12 weeks postpartum for both kids and it was tough! I worked 4/10s before I went part time and then eventually quit in Feb. Make time for yourself, take a warm bath in the evening to relax, get lots of rest, and eat healthy foods! Remember, the best way to take care of a baby is to take care of their mama! Its not easy being a mom, but would I change? Not in a heartbeat! Ahhhh, now you're making me sad...

Rose
mom 2 Katie (32 months)
& Jack (16 months)

barbarhow
08-07-2003, 05:04 AM
Deborah-hang in there-I think I know just how you are feeling. The first week of work is the hardest. I've been back at work p/t for 6 weeks now. Once I got through the first week it was manageable. I even have days that I look forward to it. A day at work is a cinch compared to a day at home. I consider it my "day of rest". But I try to do things like what Rose suggested-I eat my lunch outside in the sun-with a good book or sometimes I take my phone and call a long lost friend-I don't seem to ever do that at home. 3 nights a week I work until midnight and come home and the boys are asleep-I feel left out....Hang in there and book yourself for a massage, manicure and pedicure this weekend.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

kransden
08-07-2003, 08:52 AM
Hang in there, most of us have went through the same thing. It does get better, it is just a question of when!

Karin
Katie 10/24/02

Kate888
08-07-2003, 09:09 AM
Hang in there, Deborah, I feel for you. Treat yourself something nice at work or after work. Share your feelings with DH, too. I'm a big whiner to DH when I get overly exhausted, so he can take some load off me. Hugs to you :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02