PDA

View Full Version : Enough!

nohomama
08-08-2003, 08:11 AM
Am I living in Massachusetts or some tropical rain forest?!?!?! I hate humidity! If I wake up one more time wearing damp p.j.s, covered by damp sheets, only to put on damp clothes, and walk around my damp house, I'm going to LOOSE MY MIND!!! I swear the only dry place in my house is the basement where there's a dehumidifier running 24/7. I just want to crawl in my dryer and take a spin.

What's more, my child has been afflicted with damp too. She has a yeast rash growing all over her bits (her first real case of diaper rash ever). I have her running around without her drawers on most of the time but I feel like I should be following her around aiming a fan at her tushie too. Poor damp kid. Poor damp mama.

NO MORE DAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gour0
08-08-2003, 08:59 AM
That's so terrible I had to laugh. We only had one really awful day when we were in E.L., but dh was like, "how could you LIVE like this?". LOL! I told him you do what you have to do. Besides, we were there over a week and it was only like that once. This too shall pass, this too shall pass, this too shall pass....

dogmom
08-08-2003, 09:16 AM
Yes, my father and brother came up to build us a shed. I looked at the long range weather report and it was the same for the next 10 days: isolated or scattered thunderstorms. I have woods all around my house, and I swear the misquitos are beating at the windows and doors. I'm eyeing my dogs Frontline Plus meds, which keep off misquitors, and wondering if I can use it.

Rhonda36
08-08-2003, 09:25 AM
oh, sistah... I'm right there with you. I hate it when you come out of the shower and dry off, and dry off, and dry off, and never get dry.

Yuck!
Rhonda
mom to Spencer, 5/17/03

newbelly2002
08-08-2003, 09:57 AM
Now THAT'S something I don't miss about New England. Virginia was bad, but there's something about the north that makes the wet in the summer and the cold in the winter just seep into your bones.

Sorry to hear about Lola's yeast rash. That doesn't sound like fun. Poor girl--both babe and mama. Of course, naked butt and all, she'd fit right in over here with the other F.K.K. babies (frei bad kulture: basically nakedness as a way of life). You could always switch that vacation next week, Sarah, and come here instead :) We've had an extended heat wave of 90 degree, dry, sunny days (a record for Berlin) and the forecast said it should stay this way for teh rest of the month. Open room, just waiting....

Paula, Mama to Dante
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32384e84594 -6/25 update

toomanystrollers
08-08-2003, 11:09 AM
Right here with you in MA!! This is swamp weather. It's so much fun to be bfing in this humidity. My cellar was dry until last night. We're in the middle of building an addition ourselves and the rain ran through the new cellar which is exposed and into the old cellar. So I'll be using the wetvac during naptime today! Just what I always wanted to do :(
-Pam

ktdid74
08-08-2003, 01:19 PM
I am soo with you! We went for a walk in the BOB the other day and Mackenzie likes to chew on the seat belt parts. Well, it's so nasty and humid out (I'm in Maine) that by the next day when we went to use the stroller again, there was mold growing where she had been chewing! GROSS!! I'm hoping I got most of it off but if anybody has any ideas- I'm open. I thought about posting on the boards anyway. That and my skin is breaking out like I'm 16!

Katie
mom to Brendan and Mackenzie

todzwife
08-08-2003, 01:46 PM
You all can come visit me! LOL! It's dry here in NM but HOT HOT HOT! I have to say, I don't know how you all do it! I visited florida in May a few years ago and was absolutely miserable! I definately prefer a dry heat even if it is 110 degrees. Sorry you are all suffering!