PDA

View Full Version : The Romance Challenge - with Homework!

lukkykatt
08-11-2003, 02:07 PM
After reading Flagger's post on being a couple, AND seeing a library book in DH's briefcase about keeping the romance going after marriage and kids, I decided I needed to do something. So I thought that maybe once in a while, we could remind ourselves here to pay attention to our partners, as we do everyday to our children.

Tonight I am going to write a note to leave for tomorrow morning to DH that tells him 3 of the things that made me fall in love with him, and 1 thing that I love about him now as a parent. I thought that it would be a great pick-me-up for our SO's to read, and also bring into focus all the reasons why we fell in love with them to begin with.

Anybody else want to leave notes for their SO's too?

amp
08-11-2003, 02:10 PM
Great idea! I'll play too. Anyone else?

Edited to say: I already finished my note and put it on his pillow so he will find it tonight! Thanks for the nudge Andrea!

MelissaTC
08-11-2003, 02:15 PM
I'll do it. I know he will love it :)

LD92599
08-11-2003, 02:18 PM
I'm game!

Laura
mom to William 3.5.2003

Marisa6826
08-11-2003, 02:49 PM
Count me in!

-m

jd11365
08-11-2003, 03:11 PM
LOVE the idea!

mama2be
08-11-2003, 03:38 PM
Me too!!!!

When we discussed the organizational motivation here I thought this too would be a wonderful idea...there are two books "light his fire and Light her fire" filled with such great ideas..they are in paper back and very cheap!!!!

This is a great idea!!!! Thank you Andrea for motivating me :)!!!!

NancyJ
08-11-2003, 04:06 PM
Great idea, I'm in too! I'm already concerned that I don't pay enough attention to DH, and with starting back to work next week I'm afraid it might get worse. Although I tell DH often that I love him, mostly at really random times so he knows I mean it, I very rarely do little notes or other romantic stuff but feel like I should, so this will be a great way for me to actually do it. I always hear about "romantics" and really wish I could describe myself as one, but when it really comes down to it I guess I'm more of a romantic-wannabe. Thanks for the motivation...I'll do it now before I get too caught up in other things.

Nancy
Mom to Braeden 6.5.03

mharling
08-11-2003, 04:09 PM
Great idea! I'm in, but I need to improvise. Dh is traveling. :( I think I'll send an e-mail.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3237413c427 - New 6/18

DDowning
08-11-2003, 04:09 PM
I think its a great idea! Count me in!

mamahill
08-11-2003, 04:16 PM
I looooove buying cards, stationary, correspondence, etc., so when I saw these at Target, I snatched them right up! I have the love nips, though now that I see there are naughty nips, I'm thinking...

These are the perfect size for sneaking into DH's wallet, lunch, etc., (only about 1.5" square). I'm game! But Andrea, if in a month there are suddenly 7 new entries on the "Due 2004" boards, we know why! I'm game - haven't placed one recently...

http://www.maxandlucy.com/retail2.asp#nnips

houseof3boys
08-11-2003, 05:58 PM
Those love nips are so cute! I'll have to keep my eye out at Target.

MelissaTC
08-12-2003, 08:34 AM
I did my homework. I wrote him a note and left it next to his wallet so he couldn't miss it. He loved it and told me that it made his day :) Good idea!

candybomiller
08-12-2003, 08:47 AM
Count me in too! DH and I have both been so busy trying to get this business off the ground that it seems like we haven't done anything romantic for each other. Thanks for the idea!

Candy
WAHMommy to Matt
5/22/02

amp
08-12-2003, 08:57 AM
DH LOVED it! He even told me he loves me even more these days than ever before. AWWWWW.....:) This was a great idea & I know it made his day!

Marisa6826
08-12-2003, 10:57 AM
I must say that I forgot to do it last night :(

I took a percocet for my back (hurt it installing the damn Roundabout) and went to bed.

I emailed the list to him at work today and he was just floored!

Great idea!

-m

NancyJ
08-12-2003, 11:13 AM
I did it and DH loved it. He had a really long day, so when he found my note last night in his toiletries bag he was really happy. Great idea!

Nancy
Mom to Braeden 6.5.03

lukkykatt
08-12-2003, 12:53 PM
I'm glad this seemed to work out well for everyone! DH loved his note too. He emailed me to say that it made his day.

Since Neve and Mamahill seem to be the romance experts among us (bowing and saying "I'm not worthy!" a la Wayne's World) how about one of them takes the baton and comes up with our next challenge in a few weeks? Ladies, either of you willing?

mamahill
08-12-2003, 01:20 PM
:o I have no idea how I got to 'expert' level - pshaw! And I'm sure DH would have to disagree as well :D - but I'll share one of my more favorite ways to greet DH after his day of work (though this will not work much longer, due to Ainsleigh's age) - with the table totally set for dinner, and me in my apron. And that's it. Seems to perk DH right up. That, or come out of the bathroom w/out clothes on, then when DH smiles or makes a comment, act all surprised and ask, "What happened to my clothes?! Oh, HOW embarassing. I suppose I should go find them... (and then look innocently wide-eyed at dh)" I'll have to think of a good one for a couple weeks from now... hmmm, the wheels are turning...

newbelly2002
08-12-2003, 01:50 PM
Wow, Sarah! You are amazing. Sheesh, I feel downright tame and boring in comparison.

I might add that if folks are looking for ideas, there's a book called "100 Nights of Grrrreat Sex." It took much coaxing from friends before I even looked at it, but I'll admit (sheepishly) that it has some fantastic ideas. They are done in individual messages, split up by "for her eyes only" and "for his eyes only" and sealed. DH and I would have a grand time reading through the titles on Sunday night and picking one each for the week. We would each pick the title most appealing to us, that way we each got a bit of a "say" in our "treat." They are rated according to things you will need (i.e. some have dollar signs if they require money, some have travel signs, etc.). A few are definately not for the faint of wallet, but we modified a few of those.

The best thing about them was that they reminded us to have fun with each other.

And, can I be excused if the dog ate my homework? (I'll try and do the note tonight).

Paula, Mama to Dante
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32384e84594 -6/25 update