PDA

View Full Version : OT: Pet stain tricks :-(

SASM
08-12-2003, 03:30 PM
Does anyone have any secret tricks to removing pet stains (vomit, pee, poop) from carpet, upholstery, etc.?

Obviously, my Resolve Pet Stain Remover, Bissell (or Dirt Devil) Pet Stain Remover, and Nature's Miracle are not working because my greyhound keeps peeing in the same area on my sisal runner!! I know...Sisal is a tough material...We clearly were not thinking when we bought it!!! Plus, she defecated on the runner at the other end and DH couldn't get it out, it dried, and then it set in :-( Not to mention that the sides are all deformed and scalloped now (not nice and flat like a normal runner). Ugh...HELP ME PLEASE!!!! Any home remedies that work wonders, especially on Sisal????

TIA!!!

Kate888
08-12-2003, 03:52 PM
I don't know if this will work on sisal, but I've had great results with Oxiclean on carpet.

HTH :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

nitaghei
08-12-2003, 03:58 PM
Two words

Simple Solution.

This has worked better than anything else. Especially the Simple Solution carpet cleaner in the Bissell steam cleaner. With a set in stain you might need to this more than once. For pee, just use regular Simple Solution and soak well, and leave it in.

I swear by Simple Solution, especially after I needed it when a new rescue had a very upset tummy and left evidence ALL over my house!! No smell or stains after a few hours. And I've had to deal with a number of stressed out rescues peeing in the house, not to mention the submissive urination that used to be my PWD's mark of respect. The smell's obviously gone because neither of my dogs, nor any visitors have tried to mark indoors.

Note: I haven't tried this on sisal, just on regular and Berber carpet, and flat rugs

HTH

Nita

Laurelsmom2002
08-12-2003, 04:47 PM
I use the harts help in the purple squeeze bottle for hair balls and it works great, it is supposted to nutralize urine too, but I havent tried it
Colleen
Laurel 9/16/02