PDA

View Full Version : saving cards for baby

lizajane
08-12-2003, 03:56 PM
am i the only weirdo who saved all the cards folks sent for baby showers/baby's arrival? i was thinking about making him a scrapbook of all his cards-nothing fancy, just glueing them into an inexpensive scrapbook. anyone done anything like that, or have any other ideas for saving cards?

August Mom
08-12-2003, 04:05 PM
No. You're not the only weirdo. :) I have a bag of all cards that are baby-related too. I have no creative suggestions either, other than putting them in a scrapbook. Or, just putting them in one of those memory keepsake boxes.

mom2kandj
08-12-2003, 04:07 PM
I put them in a photo album with my baby shower pics. I also tried to match them up with a pic from the shower of the card giver or a pic of the person that I had on file. I have pics of myself and my great grandma's sister(I guess she'd be my great grand aunt) and some pictures of the PIANO she gave me about 30 years ago. I never knew her as she passed when I was 3, but I've got her lovely photos and piano that go with me wherever our family lands! :)

Rose
mom 2 Katie (32 months)
& Jack (16 months)

brubeck
08-12-2003, 06:01 PM
I have a really nice baby box for each child. In there is:

congratulations/shower/baby cards (tied up with a ribbon)
programs and cloth from baptism
ribbons from flowers I received in the hospital
Hospital bracelets
Congratulatory letters from the President
one newborn size baby outfit

and a bunch of other stuff. I am going to put the baby books in there and give them to each child when they are older.

the best part is that you can toss anything in there and it doesn't have to be super organized. If I feel like being organized I fill in the baby books. :-)

MelissaTC
08-12-2003, 10:47 PM
I am right with you sister! I keep EVERYTHING. But I am a scrapbooking addict :)

luvbeinmama
08-12-2003, 11:01 PM
No, my mom did that, too. I have cards for both kids (stuck in their baby books) and boxes with misc memorabilia.

mharling
08-12-2003, 11:04 PM
I guess I'm a weirdo right along with you! :) Dh couldn't understand why I wanted to save all the cards (including the ones from flowers) and deflated balloons. I'm planning on getting a memory box that matches the baby book.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3237413c427 - New 6/18

heidi_timms
08-13-2003, 12:05 AM
I also saved all of the cards from the shower, the baby's arrival and our first Mother's and Father's day.

My MIL just gave us DH's baby book and she had saved all of his cards. It was fun to look through the old cards!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

myllam
08-13-2003, 12:38 AM
Hi,

Nope not weird, unless we all are :-) I've saved everything in this beautiful baby themed box my sister-in-law gave me at our baby shower. I would love to organize it someday, but I figure at least I have them all in one place :-)