PDA

View Full Version : "Bink" PACIFIER ADVICE NEEDED

mama2be
08-12-2003, 07:26 PM
Need advice. Tristan is a binky boy...he sports a pacifier from a bunny clip on his clothes-attached full time...we have found that we are the ones putting it in his mouth. Lately he puts it in to play with it and turns it around, but he has never cried for it or ever seemed upset not to have it...he only has two but has used only one...

SO today we are wondering should we pull it??? I honestly think he'll do fine without it, he looks so cute with it, but since he never seems to fuss over it maybe we should do it now...while I see opportunity...

This has been the biggest week for us, he now rolls over consistently (never really did it effortlessly till now), I swear he thinks he is telling us something "ABBA" is what he says all day long, and he practices his "P's"...I'm starting tho think he'll "talk more" if the bink is removed...

What do you moms (and dads think)...

stillplayswithbarbies
08-12-2003, 08:09 PM
I say take it out. He is past the age where babies need to suck instinctively, and it sounds like he has not developed an attachment to it as a habit. You can always give it back if he seems distressed over not having it.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

lukkykatt
08-12-2003, 09:10 PM
I agree - give it a try and see what happens. Easier to get rid of it sooner than later...

PS: Sounds like he is an Abba fan!

cchavez
08-12-2003, 09:10 PM
I agree. It doesn't sound like he needs it.

nohomama
08-12-2003, 09:36 PM
Lola has always had a strong need and desire to suck. If Tristan doesn't seem to, I say, "pull the plug!" Before we were able to restrict "nukie" usage, there were more than a few times that I wished pacifiers had never been invented. Nuks can be cute but when they seem to become glued to you child's face and loosing the nukie sparks a major melt-down, they become far more of a pain in the rear than a cute accessory.

deenass
08-12-2003, 09:55 PM
Neve,

Just thought I'd let you know, Abba (pronouced AHH-Ba) is the hebrew word for dad ... your husband should be THRILLED!

Melanie
08-12-2003, 10:14 PM
I say go with the weaning technique of "don't offer, don't refuse." Especially if he's vocalizing. When children learn to speak AROUND their pacifier, they end up with a speech impediment (no, I'm not saying if your child still uses one when they talk they will, but if they speak with it in their mouths).

Marisa6826
08-12-2003, 10:24 PM
Well, Sophie has a paci, but she doesn't always use it. Mostly when she's tired or frustrated, but she talks up a storm ALL the time.

She's figured out how to put it in her mouth when it's on it's "leash" but not when it's loose in her crib. She'll holler for it if she needs it - and like big dopes, we will eventually come running to the rescue...

-m

mama2be
08-13-2003, 10:18 AM
That is just to great!!!!

Honestly if I told my friends they wouldn't be suprised, I always joke that I want my child growing up highly "diversified"...so I suspect Tristan has practiced his Hebrew :)...

Thanks for sharing...Steve tucked him into bed last night (WITH THE BINK)...saying "ABBA" over and over :)...