PDA

View Full Version : OT: Best coffee maker??

ddmarsh
09-03-2003, 09:08 PM
Help - we are in dire need of a new coffee maker. We currently have a Bunn which I do not care for. I love the speed but don't feel it makes up for the lack of flavor. Please share your favorites with me :).

Debbie
Mommy to 3 DS's, 1 DD

MiaPia
09-03-2003, 09:43 PM
We have Krups Il Caffe Duomo which I love. It has a coffee maker on one side and an espresso maker on the other. It makes delicious tasting coffee. One thing that I think helps the flavor of coffee is using a re-usable gold filter instead of paper ones - and as a bonus it's better for the environment (and cheaper in the long run too! )! :) Also, grinding your own beans and keeping the coffee airtight till you use it help the flavor too! I'm a coffee junkie! LOL

Another good maker is Gevalia - my mom just started getting their coffee and got their free coffee maker which is surprisingly nice, and makes really good coffee. Their coffee is very good too!

beckyr88
09-03-2003, 09:43 PM
Ooohhh...now coffee I know! We just got a Capresso Team Luxe, which is a coffee maker with a grinder attached. It makes really really good coffee, and you can adjust the grinder if you want the coffee weaker or stronger (we keep it STRONG!). It is a bit pricey, but anything to make getting up early with DD easier is good in my book!! Hopefully this link will work:

http://www.1st-espresso-machine.com/capresso/cteamluxe.htm

Now all I need is the milk frother and I'll be SET! Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions. I know how important a good cup of coffee can be!

christic
09-04-2003, 01:10 PM
I really like the Mr. Coffee Thermal Carafe. It's much less expensive than other carafe models, and I hate the burnt taste that coffee gets on the hot plate in most models. Looks pretty snazzy too. It seems to get mixed reviews on Amazon, but I'm very happy with it, and it was certainly worth the 30 or 40 bucks we paid for it.

lukkykatt
09-04-2003, 01:24 PM
We have that one too, and are happy with it. DH is a coffee junkie too.

gour0
09-04-2003, 01:34 PM
We have a french press coffee maker. We boil water seperately and then pour in onto the grinds and let it steep for five minutes. According to dh it is very good. I think ours is by Bon Jour.

jec2
09-04-2003, 10:32 PM
We have and love the bialetti espresso maker. We love strong coffee and use the either the 9 or 12 cup. We actually only get 4 cups of coffee out of it since we treat it like a coffee maker vs. espresso maker. Here's a link

http://www.surlatable.com/common/google/search.cfm

bunnisa
09-05-2003, 10:51 AM
Oh I am so jealous of those of you who have a combination grinder/coffee brewer!

We have a french press, but mainly use our Cuisinart since it brews great coffee and keeps it warm for 2 hours without burning it. We really love this coffee maker, and searched long and hard for it. It's programmable too.

http://ww2.williams-sonoma.com/cat/pip.cfm?src=schfname%7Cion%7Cp1%7Crshop%7Cscoffee&skus=90%5F4381497&root=shop

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric (Wilkes)
6/16/03