PDA

View Full Version : How active was your eight month old?

dogmom
09-06-2003, 07:41 AM
My DS is going to eight months in a week. Just before he was 7 months he started creeping and hasn't slowed down since. I doubt he will officially crawl since he gets around way to fast with the commando creep thing he does. He'll just go to walking. He just started tackling the two steps that lead in and out to the family room a few days ago, and he can already get up the first one and is almost up the second one. (Kitchen here we come!) I just removed 3 heavy objects from the family room that were slightly out of the way and I thought would last a little longer before they were discovered. He can pull himself up on the couch to go after the dogs. That's where the go to avoid him playing with their paws.

So, this isn't so much a developmental question as a "How much trouble AM I in?" question. I guess I am concerned because of the things my brother got into when he was young. (Can you say lets get up on a three story roof at the age of 3?)

Oops, I'm back. Had to stop Harvey from picking dead ants out from the slider tracks of the door out to the deck. Didn't I just clean that track out yesterday? Thank god my DH set up the wireless network card so I can follow him around. Around, that's funny. He is only allowed access to one room, which I thought I child proofed, and I still have to watch him like a hawk.

So, exactly when did you start fearing for your child's life? Is this early, or just about right?