PDA

View Full Version : OT: Did anyone catch Doug on Trading Spaces last night?

lukkykatt
09-07-2003, 01:28 PM
It was the episode with him and Genevieve as the designers, doing 2 houses in MN. The whole time Doug is on camera, he is fighting with the 2 young female homeowners with whom he is working. Then, next you see him making out with one of them. Then after that he is gushing to Paige to find out if the girl likes him.

The whole time I'm thinking "Wow - Doug likes girls!" Or maybe it was just a huge PR stunt... Pretty catty of me, I know, but I was really quite shocked! Almost as shocked as when Frank started talking about his wife! :)

Rachels
09-07-2003, 03:10 PM
Frank has a wife?!!! Doug made out with a woman?! Boy was I off.

Doug is a jerk, IMHO. I turn it off if he's on. It's not fun to watch somebody be moody and rude and entitled.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

HeatherW
09-07-2003, 03:23 PM
Ha! I did see the episode and was wondering the same thing, and was equally surprised about the whole wie thing. I would love to know more about Doug and the girl on the show!

bluej
09-07-2003, 03:34 PM
I fell asleep during it! I can't believe I missed Doug w/ a girl! This is one of those things I think I'm going to have to see to believe (not that I think you are lying, I'm just stunned)! Yeah, I was surprised to find out that Frank was married, never would have guessed on that one. So what about Vern? And why do I care? Oh yeah, b/c I'm almost addicted as much to Trading Spaces as I am to these boards!

jec2
09-07-2003, 03:42 PM
I didn't see Doug making out with the female--I fell asleep too during part of it, but was sure surprised when he and Paige were talking about her and whether she liked him! And, I agree, I was absolutely floored when I first heard Frank mention his wife.

MiaPia
09-07-2003, 06:25 PM
I wasn't too surprised when I saw Doug flirting with and almost kissing the girl - but I've always been on the Doug Love Bandwagon! LOL
DH on the other hand was VERY shocked to see Doug "involved" with a girl! And of course both of us think that Frank just has a marriage of convenience!

nigele
09-07-2003, 07:12 PM
Oh, man - I missed it! I am REALLY surprised to hear that Doug is taking an interest in another human being (male OR female) as he's so stuck on himself!!

C99
09-07-2003, 07:55 PM
OK, I always thought that Doug was gay. But I also always thought that he's hot. And also a total prima-donna. Did anyone see that episode where he wore *leather pants* for 3 days of home re-do?

Man, Doug likes girls. My BIL is gonna be pissed! :)

Momof3Labs
09-07-2003, 08:32 PM
You guys didn't know that Doug was divorced??? I think that he was married to a woman! The Chicago Tribune had an article about him once, but I didn't save it.

The TLC site has some info on the designers, wonder if there is anything more there??

bluej
09-07-2003, 08:56 PM
Married! Doug was married?! Wow, wonder how long that lasted. Sorry, I just don't see him as a compromising kind of guy so I have to imagine that it was miserable being married to him. Which of course might explain why he's divorced. See how I naturally put the blame on him. However, he is nice looking, but he seems to know it, so that makes him not so attractive in my book.

momma_boo
09-08-2003, 10:50 AM
My DH doesn't believe me when I tell him that Frank is married!