PDA

View Full Version : Help! Now I can't get him out of my bed!

bnme
09-08-2003, 09:30 AM
I posted recently about my 8 month old's sudden night wakenings (in which he would not go back to sleep unless held). I wasn't sure if it was teething related or not. Well now I am pretty sure it, for the most part, is not teething related. I brought him to bed with us several times out of sheer tiredness and now he won't sleep or even nap in his crib. It has been several days now (well, maybe only 2).

What do I do now, I feel like my only choices are to begin cosleeping (which I really don't want to do) or to let him CIO (which I don't think I can do). I have tried letting him cry but can't do it for more then 10 minutes. I know that is probably worse -to let him cry a bit, then go in, let him cry, etc. I have tried letting cry while I am in the room but that just seems to make him cry harder. Plus he rolls onto his belly and tries to pull him self up (which he can't do yet from that position in the crib) and that just seems to frustrate him more.

What do I do now? It's hard to believe what one or two nights in the bed can do! If I knew this was going to happen, I would have never brought him in in the first place.

Urgh!Help!

Edited to add...I just checked my original post and it has been 4 days. The day I posted we had a good night and it went down hill from there!