PDA

View Full Version : Should I wake her up?!

Rachels
09-08-2003, 01:08 PM
Abigail has been sleeping for four hours. HUH??!! She has had a slight cold, and I have some kind of awful stomach virus, so my hunch is that she's not feeling well. It freaks me out a little for her to sleep all day, though. Then again, she never sleeps, so why ruin a good thing? Arrgh. What should I do?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

nitaghei
09-08-2003, 01:12 PM
Rachel,

Let her sleep. If she's not feeling well, the rest should only help her. Surely it can't hurt!

And why don't you take a nap too?! :) I know you could use it.

Nita

lukkykatt
09-08-2003, 01:16 PM
No Way! I am sure that you both can use the rest. The only time I wake a child up is if it is getting too close to nightime that it would interfere with their evening sleep (sorry Weissbluth!).

ddmarsh
09-08-2003, 01:16 PM
Here's what to do: grab a good book, lie down, pull covers up and enjoy. If you become tired place book on bed beside you, close eyes, sleep. :)

I'm so thrilled for you that she's getting some rest!

Debbie

mamahill
09-08-2003, 01:19 PM
Let sleeping babies sleep!! Congrats - and enjoy the quiet. May this be the beginning of beautiful sleep for the both of you (or at least feeling better!).

Rachels
09-08-2003, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the reality check! A sleeping baby! I hardly knew how to respond to such a thing. I did sleep for three hours of her nap. She woke up after four and a half hours, and is in a wonderful mood now. :)

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

amp
09-08-2003, 02:16 PM
Let her sleep! She could use the rest and so could you. Enjoy the quiet (as much as you can with a stomach but)!

nohomama
09-08-2003, 02:18 PM
A friend on mine with three children once said to me that waking a sleeping baby was like pouring cognac down the drain. I wholeheartedly agree! It's only something that should be undertaken when absolutely necessary. Since Abby's sleep (and yours!) has been so disrupted by all of her GI troubles I wouldn't worry about her flipping her nights and days. At this point I would consider any sleep to be good sleep, especially if she's fighting off a bug.