PDA

View Full Version : Baby friendly carpet cleaning

NancyJ_redo
09-09-2003, 12:42 PM
We need to get a couple of our carpets cleaned but all I can think is how chemical-y all that stuff is. Is it baby friendly, or is there something specific I should look for when hiring a company?

TIA!

and why can't I figure out how to spell deliquent? It's totally unrelated to this post, I was responding to a work email just now and couldn't figure it out for even the spell checker to recognize and help me out. Oh wait...there's an "n" missing, I got it now...

nigele
09-09-2003, 03:45 PM
Just had our carpets cleaned yesterday! They used some chemical they claimed was safe for humans, even babies. You can always have your carpets steam cleaned without a chemical and you have the option of having the company use chemicals only on stains. Good luck! FWIW, our carpets look great now!

cmyk
09-10-2003, 01:42 PM
Just want to mention what I know about Scotchguard carpet protectant. Like you, I was also concerned about the chemicals. Steam cleaning will remove Scotchguard. So the cleaners may likely re-apply. I talked to the carpet cleaner owner, and then to my SIL, a chemical engineer at 3M (makers of Scotchguard). She thought that it would be fine as long as DD was not around when it was applied and that she stayed off the carpets until they were dry.

HTH!

--SHelley

peanut4us
09-10-2003, 01:55 PM
Interesting thread. We REALLY need to do this, but DD has such sensitive skin and is starting to crawl that I'm worried about anything they would use on the carpet. Anyone have hypoallergenic suggestions? Just steam?