PDA

View Full Version : Acuvue 2 contacts not needed

NancyJ_redo
09-10-2003, 06:58 PM
I just had an eye exam and since my prescription has changed, I have all these Acuvue 2 contacts I no longer need. I have 2 full boxes plus a couple extras, for a total of 14 contacts. Prescription as follows:

BC 8.3
DIA 14

Does anyone happen to need contacts with these specs or know someone who does, or know where I can donate them? I hate to throw them away, they're worth at least $50 (I don't want any money for them) and someone should be able to use them.

etwahl
09-10-2003, 07:10 PM
omg, i think that's my prescription...i will double check. and the funny thing is, i was just panicking because i don't have enough contacts to last me until dh gets home end of october, and wondering how i was going to get in an eye exam with a baby on my knee?

let me double check and get back to you. i'll run down right now.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

etwahl
09-10-2003, 07:12 PM
DARN! I just checked. I'm 8.7 and 14.0...so close !

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

NancyJ_redo
09-10-2003, 07:23 PM
Well I know very little about contact lenses so take this with a grain of salt, but I know that BC refers to the base curvature of your eyes. It can range in value from 8.0 to 9.5, so 8.3 and 8.7 are pretty close. Maybe they'll work for you? Maybe you can call your doctor and ask, that way you won't have to rush to get to the doctor for new lenses. Anyway, just a thought. I'd love to be able to give them to someone who can use them.

suribear
09-11-2003, 11:04 AM
I asked a relative who is studying to be an optometrist.

He says ask your optometrist to exchange them for a box in your new prescription. Acc. to him, any reasonable dr. will do it for you.

He also says they come in two base curves. People can either wear one of the two, or neither, in which case the Acuvues won't work for them.

Kris

sntm
09-11-2003, 12:04 PM
if not, united way or someone does a thing for halloween where they collect glasses. maybe contacts, too? i think it is called sightnight.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03