PDA

View Full Version : memorial services for 9/11

cchavez
09-11-2003, 08:02 AM
I was feeding DS and watching the memorial services on ABC. I could not help but crying. I just kept on thinking of those children that have lost of a parent. Especially those that will never know their FAthers. God bless them!

mama2be
09-11-2003, 08:10 AM
Oh I know...I didn't see the service but did see 60 minutes recount of where the President was etc... on that day and what was going on...

Mnay of our firneds here on the BB lost firends and family, several who I have emailed back and forth have even lost co-workers or hubbies co-workers...
Edited to say and mommies...probably just as many mommies died that day too ...

here is to Peace on Earth!!!

nigele
09-11-2003, 08:14 AM
It is so very heartbreaking that all of those children lost parents that day as well as all those who lost family and friends. I gave my husband an extra hug this morning and told him how grateful I am to have him in our lives. This whole tragedy has given me a greater love for family and for my country.

My heart goes out to all of those who lost loved ones on 9/11.

barbarhow
09-11-2003, 08:26 AM
This day finds me with a pit in my stomach. As a New Yorker who had just moved away when 9/11 occurred I feel like I lost a part of my heart that day. Nothing compared to what others lost. My hearts go out to all of them especially the babies. So many were born after the date. So sad. I watched Jack through the whole thing wondering what atrocities he will experience in his lifetime. One can only wonder and pray for peace. Hope you all can find a way to give an extra hug to those you love, not only today but every day.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

blnony
09-11-2003, 08:26 AM
I was watching the service this morning on ABC too and couldn't help but cry. I was feeding Audrey and she looked at me and wiped a tear from cheek and put her little head on my shoulder. She just reminds me all the time how precious life is.
My deepest sympathies go out to those who lost their loved ones that day. Esp. after having child, I've come to realize that all those men and women were someone's babies and someones mommy and daddy and its just heartbreaking.

sweetbasil
09-11-2003, 08:51 AM
I'm so saddened remembering the events of that awful day. Remembering where we were, how little Kellen was, DH calling me to change the channel from our innocent little Sesame Street to see what was happening....

Now this morning I sat feeding Charlie, and I remember wondering on 9/11/01, if it would even be fair to bring another life into this sad, painful world. I have deep gratitude to everyone fighting to make this world a safer place for us, our children, and our children's children. I dread the day when we tell the boys about this awful day of history, the lives lost, and about how bad some people truly are. At least we can try to balance it with the stories of heroism that faught against the evil of that day, and the hope that we have.

alkagift
09-11-2003, 09:05 AM
It's so important for us to remember--remember well and with clarity. I know my own tendency is to mentally hide from really bad stuff and I know that I don't want to do that in this case...there are too many families still hurting. I too wondered what kind of world the children would inherit and now that I have one, I think it's really important for us to do what we can to change it--even just on a personal level with those we meet...

Oh, and for me, listening to Aaron Copeland's "Appalachian Spring" really helps.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew, 5/19/03

daisymommy
09-11-2003, 09:22 AM
I cried today as well, as I watched the children reading the names of those who were lost in this tradgedy. After a dozen or so names, each child would say the name of the family member they personally lost on 9/11. There is something so intensely bitersweet about children, so innocent and young, reading these names.

I also cried because I feel so supremely blessed. You see, my father was there at the Pentagon when it was hit. Only six months earlier he had an office right by a window, in the section that was hit and destroyed. But he had recieved a promotion and was moved over to another section of the building. If his job hadn't changed only six months prior to the attack, he wouldn't be here today! Joshua would have never known his grandfather, and I would no longer have the incredible role model that I call my Daddy. So today I cried in thanks, and called my father (who is at work today at the Pentagon), to tell him I love him.

khakismom
09-11-2003, 11:54 AM
I remember sitting there at home watching the TV, tears rolling down my face, clutching Kathleen--who was a little over 5 months that day--so tightly, never wanting to let her go.

Today is a differnt story, a much happier story. My SIL's twin sister, who is a good friend of mine, gave birth to her first baby today! Ryan Christopher was born at 9:25 this morning, weighing 7.2, 20 inches long. And I was there for it! :)

I believe that whenever I will think of 9/11, I will remember that I was there when he was born. :)

cchavez
09-11-2003, 11:55 AM
Amy, what a blessing!!