PDA

View Full Version : guess he picked his own bedtime

sntm
09-12-2003, 02:47 PM
we've been putting him down between 7 and 7:45 and he (usually) goes to sleep fairly easily after nursing.

last night, we finished up his bath at 6:5o, just as DH finished making dinner. so, i went downstairs with Jack to scarf down dinner. was holding him sitting up on my lap while i ate and promptly at 7:00 his little head toppled to the side and he was OUT. no nursing, no rocking, bright lights and all.

if only he fell asleep so easily the night before, when i left for a dinner at 6:45 and he was screaming at DH.

MartiesMom2B
09-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Wow that's great.

Hopefully all nights will go as smoothly!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

jubilee
09-12-2003, 03:24 PM
My little guy has done the same thing. I now realize his crankiness about 6 pm is him settling down for bedtime. I give him a bath at 6 pm and nurse him right after, he's fast asleep by 6:45. Amazing how early they want to go to bed!

houseof3boys
09-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Weird, I was thinking the same thing tonight with Ryan. He screamed at the top of his lungs for about 30 minutes and nothing would soothe him. He had just eaten 45 minutes before and he was so worked up screaming that he wouldn't eat again. Finally after he calmed down, he ate again and you could tell he was down for the count. It's strange the way he eats differently when it is the last big meal of the day versus the regular feedings. It's like he settles in and just hangs out and leisurely eats versus the rigorous way he normally does. Anyway, he did this yesterday without all of the screaming and it was 7:30 PM instead of his usual 9:00-9:30 bedtime.

I kept telling DH that Ryan needed an earlier bedtime and not to be selfish about it (he said then he won't get time with him if he goes to bed early since he gets home at 6:30 typically). I guess Ryan told him! :7

hellokitty1
09-13-2003, 01:31 PM
Julie-

6:45? Amazing! What time does he wake? And does he sleep through the night? What about naps during the day? We finally can tell that DD gets cranky around 7:30 but no matter how her day is or what time she goes to bed, she seems to have an internal clock that tells her to wake up EVERY morning at 5am. Ugh.

jubilee
09-13-2003, 05:15 PM
He wakes about 3 am for a feeding and goes right back to sleep, then wakes for the day about 7 am. We're still working on naps, but he usually takes two 30 minute naps a day also. I'm trying to use the Dr. Weissbluth method of sleep.