PDA

View Full Version : a question about crawling

stillplayswithbarbies
09-14-2003, 05:31 PM
Logan is getting up on her hands and knees and rocking back and forth. She is 5 and a half months old. How long after they start doing this do they start to crawl? Is it days, or weeks?

I better get busy with the childproofing!

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Momof3Labs
09-14-2003, 05:36 PM
As with everything, it varies from baby to baby! Colin kinda skipped this step (or it only lasted a couple of days). Other babies I know spend a week or so rocking.

But either way, you don't have a lot of time!!

lisams
09-14-2003, 06:25 PM
My DD spent about a month doing this. It took her a while to figure out the arms. She would actually rock so hard that it would move her backwards!

Lisa

malisa
09-14-2003, 07:00 PM
Once my dd was up and rocking, it still took her about 2 months to actually travel/crawl. She crawled backwards forever--about another month. It seems kinda slow now that I think about it. But it only took her a couple of days once she figured out how to make her arms go forwards...then only a week before she started pulling herself up and standing. Now at barely 10mos she actually took 2 steps today on her own. It goes by SO quickly.

Malisa
mom to Isabella 11-9-02

Torey
09-14-2003, 09:51 PM
Probably pretty soon she'll be crawling. Sounds like you have an "early" crawler on your hands! We didn't hit crawling until 7 1/2 months. Fortunately, even though she is an excellent crawler now she hasn't picked up any speed so we can catch her before she gets into trouble. So we are just starting the great baby-proofing exercise!:)