PDA

View Full Version : Cute idea

s_gosney
09-14-2003, 06:39 PM
I had my family and friends of the family baby shower this weekend and my grandma, mom and sister made the cutest favors. They made up candies in cute little baby related shapes and on the ribbon that tied the bags they attatched this little saying...

Thanks for the wonderful welcome you've given me today
You have all blessed my mom & dad in a very special way.
Sorry I couldn't be with you, but I'm busy as a bee,
painting my eyes, my cheeks, and my hair for all of you to see.
The time is drawing very near for me to make my way.
I know my mommy will be so proud on that very special day.
When you see my grandma with a grin, you'll know the time has come.
Then all of you can come and see the work that God has done.
And so I thank you from my heart for all the gifts for me.
We'll us each one with thoughts of you, may God bless your family.
Love, Kylee (baby)

Maybe I'm biased or just hormonal, but I thought it was really cute. I'm thinking about making up some more of these to take to my other showers to give to everyone as a little thank you gift. I know this is kind of unconventional, but do you think it would be too weird? You can be honest...don't worry about my fragile emotions. (J/K! :))
Thanks for the opinions!

KMommie
09-15-2003, 01:52 PM
That's so sweet!! I think it would be a lovely thank you gift, very unique and special from the heart!

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

mama2be
09-15-2003, 02:51 PM
OH I want to steal that one :)...I'm hosting my friends shower in Nov and she gives and gives and gives so I want it to be so special!!!
May I????

kransden
09-15-2003, 03:23 PM
That is so sweet! I am going to save the poem in case I ever need it.
I think your guests would be thrilled.
Karin and Katie 10/24/02

s_gosney
09-15-2003, 09:55 PM
You can definitely use it! I really don't know where it's from orginally. My grandma got it from a friend who had attended a shower where it was used...that sort of thing. But I really do love it.

starrynight
09-16-2003, 10:10 AM
That is really sweet!

heidi_timms
09-16-2003, 04:21 PM
I'm stealing this idea for this weekend. I ordered some chocolate booties covered in blue foil for my sister's baby shower (second baby). I am going to print this on a little card and attach it!

How cute and thank you for the idea!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

blnony
09-16-2003, 04:39 PM
I think that is precious. How sweet. If I were at shower and received something like that I'd be crying AT THE SHOWER!! :D