PDA

View Full Version : Funny Cosleeping Story

himom
09-15-2003, 06:29 AM
Josh has a little cold and was a little fussy so I stayed in bed with him during his nap today. He finally fell asleep cuddled up against me. I had some things I needed to do so I tucked a pillow up against him as a fake "mommy" and DH came in to watch him for a while.

When Josh woke up he evidently was hungry and the pillow fooled him into thinking I was still there. He felt around for a while with his eyes closed and his little mouth open, looking to nurse. He finally opened his eyes and saw the pillow. DH was watching him from the other side of the bed. He said Josh looked at the pillow, then reached over with one hand and LIFTED it so he could look under it. Then he pushed himself up and peeked over it. Then he started crying!

Okay, maybe it's not that funny, but I thought it was cute that he thought I was hidden under a pillow. Plus I thought it was so great that he has enough cognitive thought to move things out of the way to see if I'm behind them. I guess all those games of peek-a-boo have paid off!

Jodi
Mom to Josh, February 03

PS....Tammy, we're in the same boat you are. We co-sleep, I obviously nurse in bed, and Josh wakes up 2 or 3 times to eat. Our ped said all this is ok and Josh is doing well. So I think you're also doing the right things for Lauren!

etwahl
09-15-2003, 07:40 AM
that's so sweet :)

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

houseof3boys
09-15-2003, 11:32 AM
That is adorable Jodi.

I hope Josh feels better soon :)

lizajane
09-15-2003, 01:07 PM
lol...

poor little guy. WHERE COULD mommy be???

fake mommy... you are too funny...