PDA

View Full Version : Whoops, went looking for a new vaporizer...

KMommie
09-16-2003, 04:15 PM
and when I did a search, I came up with the other kind of vaporizer. Not the kind I would use to help Kiki with her congestion, but for, shall we say alternative smoking enjoyment? Imagine my surprise when I went to the ebay sight, and was promised complete privacy in my bidding. :P

Anyway, I'm still looking for a new vaporizer. I don't know why they are so hard to find. The Sears' seem to prefer the vaporizer over the humidifier. What is the difference between a vaporizer and a warm mist humidifier? Anyone know?

TIA,

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

luvbeinmama
09-16-2003, 05:02 PM
LOL!! Wouldn't you know that would come up before the really useful item!

"What is the difference between a vaporizer and a warm mist humidifier?" I don't know... but I have a cool-mist humidifier that I REALLY like made by Honeywell. There is a picture attached to my message in this thread:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=6051&mesg_id=6051&listing_type=search

I think you can find this one at OSH. They seem to have a really good selection of vaporizers/humidifiers, so you might want to go check them out rather than Sears.

HTH!

SeekerMage
09-16-2003, 11:24 PM
Im not exactly sure but I think that the difference between a vaporizer and humidifier is that the warm mist humidifier just puts humidity and moisture into the air....a vaporizer puts not only humidity into the air but some come with "vapors" or menthol etc that you can add to it to help clear out baby's congestion...such as vicks vapor rub does. Atleast that is what they did when I was little!
I do also know that you dont have to add the vapors to the vaporizer and it will act just the same as a humidifier. I could be wrong but that is what Im pretty sure the difference is.

KMommie
09-17-2003, 12:30 AM
Angela, your explanation makes perfect sense! Thank you! And thanks to luvbeinmama, I have a good idea where to start looking. The thread you attached was very helpful!

Thanks!

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03