PDA

View Full Version : For my folks down south

jojo2324
09-16-2003, 09:56 PM
Just thinking of you as Isabel nears...Hope you are all prepped and comfy cozy, and that she calms when she hits land. Thank goodness she is no longer category 5!!

mamahill
09-16-2003, 10:20 PM
Thinking of you - hoping you're all safe and sound. Let us know how you're faring!

nigele
09-17-2003, 07:23 AM
Thanks, Joanne and Sarah! We're stocked up on food, water, batteries, diapers, etc. but can't find our flashlights! I sent Simon to buy some and the stores are all out of them. I have to search the entire house today with a sick, clingy babe in arms. Arghhhh... If you don't hear from us over the next couple of days, it's because we lost power and can't turn on our computer (oh, my!)

I wish everyone else well and hope the hurricane misses all of us!

MartiesMom2B
09-17-2003, 07:58 AM
Lisa:

Send Simon to Home Depot. They have a whole hurricane preparedness center there. Yesterday I went to BJs, Target, Winn Dixie, and Home Depot. H.D. was definitely the best place for all the flash lights and stuff.

I'm waiting to see the news and to see what has happened with ol' Isabel overnight.

I'm hoping that it won't be too bad, but on the other hand it would be nice if DH didn't have to go to work tomorrow. I think the City of Durham is going to decide today.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

dogmom
09-17-2003, 08:21 AM
My father and stepmom always takes vacation this time of year down on the Outer Banks in NC. He called me yesterday to say they had to move 45 miles inland to a hotel, but he hopes to be back in the beach front cottage by Friday. I love my dad, but he is one of the cheapest men on the face of the planet. I have this vision of you guys trying to get everything together and prepared while my Dad is having a discussion with his wife something like this:

"But we have another week and a half paid for! And the fishing has been really good off the beach."

"Honey, just pack the car."

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03

starrynight
09-17-2003, 09:31 AM
LOL Jeanne

I will keep you all in my prayers, I hope no one gets hurt!!!

lizajane
09-17-2003, 09:35 AM
my neigbor is a meteorologist and works for the nat'l weather service.he feels confident that it won't be bad in raleigh. i hope not! i am eating all the refrigerated food first today anyway!

do we have phone #'s in case we need to find a friend with power?? sonia has mine.

mama2be
09-17-2003, 10:46 AM
Raleigh on the map of it doesn't seem to bad (but they never know I don't think)...

But we are just what 18 miles from Raleigh and our area has consistently been right on the line of "red" vs 'green"...

It is strange how it can rain in Raleigh and clear here or the opposite...

Steve is relaxing...I'm not yet...