PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite mail order catelogs???

JulieL
09-17-2003, 01:04 PM
I just can't wait until my Lands End, LL Bean or Chadwicks catelog comes in the mail. NOT that I have the money to spend, but it's fun to look! What catelogs make you stalk the mailman???

jmofarrill
09-17-2003, 01:22 PM
I like Lands End, too, and also J. Crew. I used to LOVE reading through the old J. Petterman catalogs, too, but that was before they went out of business. Their catalogs were so compelling with the water-color pictures and descriptions that drew you in and became the person wearing that item. The company is back in business again, so I'm going to sign back up for the catalogs.

Calmegja
09-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Right now, I'm into Mini Boden for my 8 year old. I love Pottery Barn, West Elm, and Crate and Barrel....

I love Land's End, sometimes J Crew, but I tell you, for myself, ever since I've found Ann Taylor Loft, I've been shopping there, live and in person for myself.

nitaghei
09-17-2003, 02:33 PM
The truly unaffordable ones I enjoy looking at?

Garnet Hill

Tiffany's (As an aside - who in the world uses porcelain dishes for a baby or toddler? I've always wondered about that!)

In the Company of Dogs (seriously overpriced but very cute dog related stuff)

Otherwise
Williams-Sonoma
LL Bean
Drs. Foster & Smith (they always have the newest dog toys)
Hanna Andersson
The Wooden Soldier
Crate and Barrel

And once a year - IKEA!!!

Nita

alkagift
09-17-2003, 03:12 PM
Pottery Barn!!

Allison
Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

redhookmom
09-17-2003, 07:36 PM
Toys to Grow On
Chinaberry
Music for Little People
Leaps anD Bounds
Imagine the Challenge
Sensational Beginnings
HearthSong
MindWare
Hatch
Magic Cabin
Discount School Supply

I can't wait to start Christmas shopping...

egoldber
09-17-2003, 08:02 PM
Don't get me started on porcelain dishes for toddlers!! DD has an ever growing collection of porcelain courtesy of my MIL. And my MIL gets upset that we don't use it for everyday! Grrrrr.....

Roleysmom
09-17-2003, 08:56 PM
More people than I can count have told me that I get more catelogues than anyone else they know! For Roley, I love looking through Land's End, Hanna Andersson, Mini Boden, Petit Patapon, L.L. Bean, Leaps and Bounds, One Step Ahead, Sensational Beginings, Pottery Barn, Land of Nod and there's a good toy catalogue that I can't think of right now that has toys from our childhood and older (lots of wooden stuff.) I also have gotten a couple of natural toy catalogues that were cool to look through, but I can't remember them either (maybe ecobaby?) For me, I drool over the Company Store, Garnett Hill, Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel. My husband says, "Oh, No" when he sees the Company Store catalogue. ( I have a sheet thing.)

Paula-- mom to Roley Julia 01-04-02

sugarsnappea
09-18-2003, 07:53 AM
Another vote for Garnet Hill. Anthropologie is another favorite. :)

momathome
09-18-2003, 01:16 PM
Jessica,
What do you think of mini boden? I have gotten the catalog a few times and have been tempted to order, but I haven't yet. How is shipping and customer service? Just curious!
-Lauren

momathome
09-18-2003, 01:21 PM
Hanna is probably my favorite but I also love Lands End, Garnet Hill, Land of Nod, One Step Ahead, Pottery Barn Kids, Crate and Barrel, and IKEA. The only one that I really order out of consistently is Hanna. I am a catalog junkie!!!
-Lauren

khakismom
09-18-2003, 02:34 PM
I soooo want to order this little sparkly shirt from the Mini Boden catalog for Kathleen. They have such adorable clothes! Tell us what you think... :)

Roleysmom
09-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Lauren,

I'm so excited, I just got my order today. I ordered the graphic print tshirt (I think that's what it's called -- the pink one with the green pear) and the pink lamby sweatshirt with the farm scene on it. Last year I ordered a sweatshirt and turtleneck shirt. I was really happy with the quality. It was well-made and substantial and washed well. I thought the price wasn't too high for the quality and think it's a little more stylish than Lands End. The shipping is pretty quick. I ordered this order on Friday and got it today. Backorders are a little weird, though. I actually ordered two turtlenecks last year. I didn't know the other color was backordered until I got the order slip. It never came but I never got charged. The same thing happened when I ordered some clothes for me.

I really look forward to this catalouge and have been happy so far.

Paula -- mom to Roley Julia 01-04-02

cara1
09-18-2003, 03:59 PM
For me or DS? I like Coldwater creek for me, but rarely actually get anything.

momathome
09-19-2003, 10:54 AM
Paula,
Thanks for the info! I have been staring longingly at the fleece-lined anorak for a year now - I think I may have to order one for Liza! I'll let you know if I do...
-Lauren

shishamo
09-19-2003, 12:24 PM
Could someone post a phone number so that I can order Mini Boden catalog?
I can'r find it anywhere on the web!

thank you,

Sara

Roleysmom
09-19-2003, 05:39 PM
Sara,

It's 1-866-206-9508. The website is miniboden.com. Maybe you can order a catalogue on the web?

Paula-- mom to Roley Julia 01-04-02