PDA

View Full Version : OT: 30th Birthday Gift Ideas...

jd11365
09-17-2003, 09:05 PM
In only 10 days DH turns 30 and I have no idea what to get him! He wants normal stuff, but seeing that he is turning 30, I thought it should be something a little more exciting. I could get the traditional golf club/game, sports gear, sunglasses that he usually asks for, but looking for something different. Any suggestions? I'm getting desperate here with only 10 days to go...

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5/1/03

mharling
09-17-2003, 09:21 PM
What about a nice watch?

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32e1840e40d - New 9/8

sbaker
09-17-2003, 10:30 PM
How about an introductory flight lesson? AOPA offers discount coupons for an intro flight. I think with the AOPA coupon an intro flight is about $35. If you're curious I can give you links to more information.
Of course, if you live anywhere near North Texas my husband would probably volunteer to take your DH flying.

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to Rayce 02/09/02
Baby #2 due 01/05/04

jec2
09-18-2003, 01:30 PM
For dh's 30th b-day I threw him a surprise party. For my 30th he had my bro & SIL and parently fly in for the weekend, planned a surprise party and took me horseback riding for the day.

This year, for dh's b-day, which is in a couple of weeks, I am sending him to the spa. He has been so tired and I think a little stressed/anxious with our impending arrival so I know he will love some time getting pampered.

jd11365
09-18-2003, 08:57 PM
Still stuck...got a beautiful new watch last year, is TERRIFIED to fly, wouldn't catch him dead in a spa...though I keep trying...:-)

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5/1/03

MelissaTC
09-18-2003, 09:35 PM
I have no idea as my DH is going to be 30 next March and I am trying to think of some things now like a surprise weekend with the guys, etc.. DH's friend's wife got her husband a stripper for his 30th...my jaw dropped when I heard that one...oh, she was 8 months pregnant at the time as well (the wife NOT the stripper)...I told DH he could dream on, that one WASN'T happening...LOL :)

jec2
09-19-2003, 11:37 AM
Darn, I thought the spa would work. I don't know what your budget is, but how about just a special night out...dinner and even a hotel.

I did a variation of this last year and dh loved it. I took him to his favorite restaraunt and gave him 3 envelopes from which he could choose 1. In each envelope was a gift certificate (made by me) for something different 1) a day at the spa; 2) a day of golf; and 3) whatever he wanted. He loved it. I sort of made him consider the envelopes throughout dinner. It really was fun. BTW he chose the day of golf envelope and we had a wonderful day, although neither of us are avid golfers!
edited to fix grammar!

jd11365
09-19-2003, 08:47 PM
The budget is definitely small...especially with my staying home this year. My friend works for Marriott and can get me a special friends rate on a room...I think I'm going to buy him the sunglasses he asked for and tell him he will need them for his next little gift...a little "2-day getaway" to the coast. (Only 45 minutes away, but a special trip none the less...) I'm going to use the envelope idea for our anniversary...which is 3 days before on the 25th...lovin' that idea...thanks! (What the heck was I thinking to plan my wedding 3 days before his birthday? Definitely an expensive week!)

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5/1/03