PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE - Motrin doseage chart for infants needed!!

LucyG
09-21-2003, 09:24 AM
Does anyone have a chart listing the appropriate Motrin doseages for an infant? DD is seven months old and weighs between 14 and 15 pounds. The ped was supposed to give us the doseage she could take at our last visit, but somehow we got out of there without the chart. DD is teething and miserable, and Tylenol is not helping. Does anyone have a chart with the doseages by weight for a baby over 6 months old? If so, please reply! Thanks!

Am I correct in thinking that motrin will work better than tylenol? I think I remember hearing/reading that somewhere.

peanut4us
09-21-2003, 09:40 AM
While ago someone (Rachel maybe?) pointed me to this link for askdrsears.com. iT has a section just for dosages of children's medicines

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T089900.asp

You need to go there yourself because I don't know what specific motrin product you have, and the dosage differs.

And for us, you are totally right. Motrin worked and Tylenol just didn't.

flagger
09-21-2003, 10:25 AM
Ask and Ye shall receive. Here is a scan directly from our ped's hand out.

HTH

LucyG
09-21-2003, 12:02 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!! Of course, when I actually went to Ingles and bought the Motrin after church today, there was a chart right on the box! I just assumed it would say, as the Tylenol box does, to "ask a doctor if child is under age two." I really appreciate both of your responses! Let's hope this helps the tooth woes.

Annette_C
09-21-2003, 05:09 PM
Just a reminder:
You should always give Motrin on a full stomach since it can (and usually does) cause upset stomach (like aspirin to adults...better on a full stomach). Tylenol is ok with or without food (works faster on empty stomach).
BTW...if you're wondering how I know this stuff, my daughter is a Doctor of Pharmacy.
HTH,
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02