PDA

View Full Version : I've been MIA...

Marisa6826
09-21-2003, 04:06 PM
Ten days, three calls to Covad a day and four visits from Verizon, our DSL service is STILL down!

I finally finagled dial up service to come back to my beloved BBB site. Looks like I've missed some SERIOUS drama here.

I'm glad that everybody has seemingly made it through Isabel, that Anna (pritchettzoo) has had her beautiful Gracie and that G-man is well on his way to having his rhino suit ready for Halloween!

Here are our updates:

We put our condo on the market last week. We had a bid in (and lost out) on a great house but are continuing to look for another. In fact, I have four to look at tomorrow.

Sophie's eye is still being patched four hours a day. We go to CHOP on Friday for a status check. Hopefully we are still on track for her surgery on 10/24. She got her second tooth on Wednesday, and has also figured out how to push herself backward while sitting on the hardwood floor.

Last night she was in just a horrific mood. Mommy and Daddy were just too exhausted to deal with her, so we decided to take her into bed with us. She was there from 10pm to 3am. I honestly don't know you you co-sleepers do it. Serious kudos and hats off to you! By 3am, she was laughing and playing in bed, I'm sure trying to figure out why Mommy and Daddy were sleeping with her in her "crib". Four ounces of formula and some rocking later, she was sound asleep in her crib till 10am this morning.

I've missed all of you terribly.

The phone company has sworn that our DSL will be back up tomorrow. I will catch up with all of you then.

Until then

Big Hugs

-m

PS- I will secretly admit that I've never been SO productive since the demise of my DSL :P

amp
09-21-2003, 04:13 PM
Yay! I've been checking on you without any response. Glad to hear you are ok (despite some trying sleeping conditions) and that you will be back with us soon!

jd11365
09-21-2003, 04:21 PM
That's too funny that you posted today about being MIA... I was going to call you tonight after the baby went down to see what was up. Glad to hear all is well with you and Sophie. Sorry you lost the bid on the house...just means something better is on the horizon! What was the deal with your DSL?

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5/1/03

mharling
09-21-2003, 04:30 PM
I was beginning to wonder about you! Thanks so much for popping in and giving us an update. :)

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32e1840e40d - New 9/8

lukkykatt
09-21-2003, 05:58 PM
Welcome back! I've been wondering how you and little Sophie have been doing.

I also keep meaning to give you a list of more Phila. restaraunts. I have a mental list going... Since you said there is something going on at Penn while you are there, it may be more enjoyable to make a 5 or 10 minute drive and enjoy some peace. I'll get that together for you.

PS: Once they start going backwards, it's just a matter of time... :)

mama2be
09-21-2003, 06:15 PM
We've missed you!!!-you'll be glad that house fell thru becasue your perfect one is waitng for you!!!!
I know how you felt when my computer was down I was going crazy (yet was slightly productive :)...
Glad you're back, keep us posted on Sophie's eye!!!

liya
09-21-2003, 06:23 PM
Oh yeah Marissa you and me both have missed alot around here....Yauza....Some heated quarrels in the bitching section....Hows sophie?

jd11365
09-21-2003, 07:04 PM
Missed you too Linda...glad to see you're back!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5/1/03

Marisa6826
09-21-2003, 08:23 PM
Linda-

I'm sorry to hear of all you've been going through. Glad you're on the mend though! Vitamin E oil will do wonders for your incision marks.

I don't know about you, but I'm kind of glad I missed all the battling ;)

LOVE the new avatar of Arian!

Give him a big kiss from Sophie (who is just doing wonderfully!).

-m

parkersmama
09-21-2003, 08:26 PM
Glad you're back! I can't stand when I can't get on for my "fix"!! LOL!

jojo2324
09-21-2003, 08:36 PM
LOL Marisa, you're too funny! I just hope the dang thing gets here in time...:D

I was beginning to think I missed a post or something about a lavish vacation you and Jonathan got to take. Wouldn't that be nice? Sigh...if only...:) But I am SO excited for you and your househunting!! I LOVE House Hunters on HGTV, and I can't wait until it's time for me and DH to buy.

We missed you! :)

houseof3boys
09-21-2003, 09:27 PM
You are too cute Marisa. Glad you posted the update. We went to the beach on Wednesday so I am trying to catch up on everything that I missed with my "imaginary friends" too.

Glad to hear little Sophie is keeping you on your toes.

Happy house shopping!

liya
09-21-2003, 11:25 PM
Thank you Marisa im actually putting some on theme at the moment. Some one also told me MADERMA humm not sure though...I think the sorrow is begining to kick in..This morning i wasnt very up to anything so i quickly got online because i knew if i didnt talk to someone i would just sulk all day long and i cant let that happen...

Im soooo happy Sophie is doing better and Arian will gladly accept that kiss ;) and BTW i totally agree with you on the quarells..been staying away from them because i fear my mouth sometimes...lol

McQ
09-22-2003, 07:44 AM
Welcome back Marisa!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

momathome
09-22-2003, 08:11 AM
Marisa,
I was just about to call you, too - you and Sophie have been missed! Have a blast house-hunting - we have been in our house for 2 years now and remember all too well the excitement of finding the house of your dreams and realizing that you can actually afford it! I am glad to hear that Sophie is doing so well - let me know how your CHOP visit goes this week and if you need anything while you are down this way. Looking forward to seeing you guys in October!
-Lauren

cinrein
09-22-2003, 08:26 AM
I was wondering what happened to you! Glad to hear everything is OK and especially that Sophie is doing well (teething aside). Happy house-hunting! You know what they say, the ones that get away just weren't meant to be your home.

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03