PDA

View Full Version : We've got a little piggy on our hands...

deborah_r
09-22-2003, 12:50 PM
DS went for his 4 month check up...here is his progress by percentile:

2 wks 25th percentile for weight

2 months 50th percentile for weight

4 months......90TH PERCENTILE for weight....whoops

Whoa, someone is just lovin' his breast milk! (Ped suggested I might want to try to cut out a nighttime feeding....hmmmm, whyever would you suggest that? :) )

Jen841
09-22-2003, 12:53 PM
I have a feeling I could be on the same boat! 4 month check up is in 2 weeks. So far we did the 25 to 50% jump.

slknight
09-22-2003, 01:02 PM
Yep; we've got the same thing here. But I think he was off the charts in weight. Alex was 18 lbs at 4 months, but only 7 lbs 5 oz at birth.

We're only doing breast milk here too, although not usually any nighttime feedings (he sleeps a lot).

When people ask me how old he is, they can't believe it because he's so big. I tell them it's the burgers and fries I'm feeding him. <rolling eyes>

We don't go back in until our 6 month checkup, so I'm not sure how big he is now, but I'm pretty sure he's over 20 pounds!

Susan and Alex (04.18.03)

cchavez
09-22-2003, 01:13 PM
We've got a big one too! One ounce shy of 17 lbs at 4 months. He was BF for two months and FF since then. My ped says he is doing fine! He says the best indicator of how a baby is doing is his weight gain. So as long as he is still on the charts......but he is only 50% for height. He certainly does not look like a 4.5 month old. I guess we will see what the ped says at 6 month.

Oh, and he only weighed 7 lbs at birth!

Piglet
09-22-2003, 01:35 PM
DS had always been disproportionate -- 25% height, 75% weight, 90% head circ. He is 2 and is very average in all categories now (except the head - he is still 90% and finding hats is a real problem, LOL). Bear in mind that sometimes babies go through growth spurts just before or just after the "weigh-in". As a result you will often find that they are very short or very tall for their age, but by the next appointment they are pretty average again. Once DS was 12% height and 90% weight - boy oh boy did he look like a sumo wrestler, but by the next weigh in he was back to his normal self.

DDowning
09-22-2003, 05:32 PM
I might be in the same boat with you. At 2 week checkup, DS was at 50th percentile for weight. At his 2months he was in the 75th percentile. His 4m checkup is coming up on the 14th of next month and last night I did a cheasy weigh-in just to see where he's at weight wise. I stepped on the scale with just me, then picked up DS and stepped on the scale again. He came in at 14.5lbs! We've got 3 weeks to go until his appointment, should be interesting to see where he's at then!

mommyj
09-22-2003, 08:18 PM
DS made a huge jump in the weight category as well. At 1 month he was 50th percentile, and by his 2 month check up he was in the 95th percentile. He weighed 13lb 13 oz. His height was 50th percentile both times. His pediatrician said he looks great, and that as long as he stays on the chart I should just keep bf'ing as much as he wants. So, I'm just enjoying my chubby little guy :)

jd11365
09-22-2003, 09:30 PM
Kayla was 15 lbs. 6 oz. at her 4 mo check up last Friday. That put her at the 95th percentile for height and 75th for weight. (The ped asst originally said 90th, but Kayla is 4.5 months, so I'm going with 75th.) Either way...we have a chunker here! She has such a double chin... Who said there was more fat in formula than in BM...apparantly there's plenty of fat in mine! She was only 7 pounds 6 ounces when she was born...

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5/1/03

nathansmom
09-22-2003, 11:04 PM
I have the opposite problem. Nathan started out big and is slowly shrinking away. At 2 months he was 75% in weight, 4 months 25% and 6 months 20%. He weighed in at 15lbs 5 ounces at his 6 month visit and today weighed in at 15lbs. 9 ounces. So much for the theory that formula fed babies are heavier.