PDA

View Full Version : Is Target strict on the 90 day policy?

deborah_r
09-22-2003, 03:31 PM
In my first week at home, DH bought me some Tylenol PM because anytime he would try to take care of Kai and let me have a nap, I just couldn't sleep...and my mental state was getting really bad.

But the problem resolved itself and I never used it.

Will I be able to return this to Target? It's past the 90 days. the Tylenol itself is good until Jan. 05, but I really don't anticiapte needing 100 Tylenol PM.

s_gosney
09-22-2003, 04:13 PM
I don't know the answer to the Target question, though I'm sure someone here does. I was just going to say that if nothing else, you could probably take it back to Walmart. I know our walmart here will take nearly anything back. I don't know if there are any ethical type issues with that, but I wouldn't think so seeing as how WM can get the money back by selling it or whatever. Just a thought.

peanut4us
09-22-2003, 04:23 PM
So strict, so nasty. So the reason why I try to not shop there anymore! Sorry ;(

flagger
09-22-2003, 04:41 PM
Medications, I am not sure on. I went to two different Targets today with a baby gift I didn't have a receipt for that I just wanted to return. One said I could only exchange it for a different colour.

The other gave me store credit which I immediately used for new socks and diapers.

HTH

kathsmom
09-22-2003, 05:01 PM
Hi, Deborah!

Yes, my Target was very strict on their policy. My mom had bought some things in July 2002 for my DS who was due Sept. 2002. I realized in October that I wouldn't need a few of the items. I had the original receipt, as well as the gift receipt. I was about 4 days past the 90 limit. I didn't ask for a refund. I asked if I could exchange the items for something else, but they said they couldn't do it. I asked for store credit and they wouldn't do it. I still shop there, but I try to keep in mind that 90 policy, because they wouldn't budge.

HTH!

gravymommy3
09-22-2003, 05:52 PM
Target sucks about this. Take it back to WalMart or Publix or somewhere else that sells it. Also, if you need a sleep aid, get the generic benedryl - this is what the "PM" in Tylenol PM is, so you get that without the pain reliever that you prob. don't need.

Good luck.

jd11365
09-22-2003, 10:29 PM
The biggest PIA! I was blessed with many gifts at several showers but no gift reciepts. After 2 returns without reciepts, using my driver's license only, they put a hold on me returning any items without a reciept! Can I tell you I have so much stuff I can't use, and can't return because of their policy...even when it's clearly a Target item! Ugh. I think they would take the Tylenol back though and use your driver's license...but apparently you can only do this twice.

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5/1/03

deborah_r
09-22-2003, 10:33 PM
Thanks, good reminder :) That's also why I'm thinking I don't need it.

At the time, however, I wasn't worried about the extra pain relief (c-section and I had stopped my pain meds already)

wdland45
09-23-2003, 08:22 AM
I don't know about the 90 day thing, but our Target would not return anything that is a drug store related item (including deoderant). I guess they feel that there is opportunity to tamper with it. It seems that each Target store abides by a different policy - why don't you call your store and ask them?

Danielle, Mom to Alex, 12.03.01 and Brian, 7.27.03