PDA

View Full Version : Kindermusik

heytootsy
09-23-2003, 10:01 AM
A while back, I had asked if anyone tried these classes. We decided to sign Maya up, and she loved it! They incorporated song with movement and let all the babies meet each other through song. They were all smiling at each other, some were waving. It was so much fun for both of us. I hope she continues to enjoy it. We have only been to 1 class.

cinrein
09-23-2003, 10:24 AM
We tried a Gymboree Music class for free a couple weeks ago and Anna loved it too. I was surprised that she enjoyed it as much as she did, and that I did too. I would have enrolled us, but the class times just didn't work out for us. In other words, I didn't love the class enough to mess with nap times! :) I'm hoping we can find something in January.

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

loewymartin
09-23-2003, 10:37 AM
We signed Alia up this fall for the first time as well. She's only been to 1 class, but loved it! She's 16 months, but the instructor told us to sign up for Our Time, which is the 18 month to 3 year old class. I was a little worried that she would be too young in comparison, but she really enjoyed it. She came home singing new songs last Thursday!
Michelle - Mom to Alia born 5/16/02

Rachels
09-23-2003, 10:56 AM
Well, we've got all the bases covered! We just got back from our first Music Together class. It was great! Abby doesn't feel well and was much clingier than usual this morning, but toward the end she got excited about playing some of the instruments. Then on the way home, I sang her the songs and she did the motions from her carseat. I really liked the class and am excited to have something like this on our schedule now!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

etwahl
09-23-2003, 11:01 AM
what age do you think is best to start this? there's kindermusic locally but i wonder if lauren's not quite ready?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

cinrein
09-23-2003, 11:14 AM
I think most places will let you try a class for free. I thought Anna was too young and would just sit there like a blob, but she smiled the whole time.

Really, the Moms do all the work. In the Gymboree class we tried, the Moms have to sing, clap your baby's hands, shake the shakers, roll the balls and dance/lift your baby around the room. Baby just has fun seeing all the new things, hearing new music, and banging/shaking some of the instruments. Anna loved the dancing the best--she just loves when we crank up the music and dance around the room. If Lauren likes that sort of thing, she will love it! It's good for Mommy too to meet new people.

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

mharling
09-23-2003, 11:14 AM
Did you go to Hinsdale? I have a friend in that one.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32e1840e40d - New 9/8

DDowning
09-23-2003, 12:31 PM
They're having a Music Together demonstration class that's free here in my community this Thursday. DS is starting to get interested in things around him so I thought I'd take advantage of the free to see if its something worthwhile later on.

mom2kandj
09-23-2003, 12:40 PM
Deidra -

Once Carson gets a little older, there are some really good, inexpensive classes(around $8-12 per session) offered at Laguna Hills Community Center (off Alicia)! They have great classes for preschoolers(2-5) and offer Music Together for babies, too. :) The variety of classes there is much better than what is offered by Saddleback Valley or my city! :( Good luck with the freebie!

Rose
mom 2 katie (33 months)
& Jack (16 months)

heytootsy
09-23-2003, 01:49 PM
Maya is almost the same age as Lauren, and I think it is a great age to start.

DDowning
09-24-2003, 12:28 AM
Cool! Thanks for the tip!