PDA

View Full Version : teething and fever question

LucyG
09-24-2003, 05:18 PM
For the past couple of days, DD has been unusually fussy. That, coupled with the fact that she is sleeping more than usual and running a fever off and on makes me wonder if she is teething again (has the 2 lower middle teeth and got them with no fanfare). The fever is in the morning and afternoon, usually around 100-101 degrees. At times, she is fine and perky. At others, very fussy and out of sorts. We are giving her Motrin regularly, and that seems to help and relieve the fever. Is this type of fever normal with teething? I don't want to assume that it is and have her really be sick, but she is not acting fussy/in pain all the time. Any advice from those who have been there? Thanks!

friedmana1
09-24-2003, 11:28 PM
If she has a fever - anything over 100.4 - I would take her in to the ped to be checked. You want to make sure that she's not brewing anything else, like an ear infection. You can get a higher than normal temp with teething (meaning higher than 98.6 but lower than 100.4), but you should not get an actual fever. Hope that helps!!!

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02
http://mystudio.kiddiekandids.com/options.asp?img=1495600&page=2

LucyG
09-25-2003, 07:13 AM
Aimee,

Thanks so much! Her temp. was 101.4 this morning (after another fretful night), so DH took her to the ped. at 7:00. I am awaiting his report!

LucyG
09-25-2003, 08:25 AM
The ped said one ear was red, and prescribed "a bubblegum-flavored medicine," according to DH. I'm glad we took her in.