PDA

View Full Version : He Speaks!

lukkykatt
09-24-2003, 09:41 PM
At 15 months, DS has said his first two "real" words. It is so cute (I think).

For some time, he has been biting me and I reprimand him by shaking my finger and saying "No biting!". So, his first word is "no". As he says it, he points his finger. It is the funniest thing. Of course, now DH is wondering what goes on at our house all day... Now, whenever I tell him not to bite, I have to turn away because I am laughing so hard - he immediately starts saying "no" back to me (with the pointing finger).

Does anyone else get to look at themselves in the mirror by the things your children do?

mama2be
09-24-2003, 10:20 PM
Congrats...you didn't mention that in your email...that is HUGE news!!!!!
How funny "NO" and a little finger swaying back at you :)...
I can't wait to see him and his new vocabularyw hen I come up :)...

My neice tucked her arms under her arm pits one day (obviously copying her mom with hands on hips) and she reprimanded me for scolding Spinnaker about something. With hands under arm pits and the most serious of faces she wrinkeled her nose and said "Aunt "Neef" don't talk to my friend that way". It was obvious she was imitating mom :)...

nathansmom
09-24-2003, 10:56 PM
Cute story. I can just see him copying you. Thanks for sharing.

AngelaS
09-25-2003, 05:32 AM
My 5 yo demonstrated that when she burps she can say GEORGE. Does that count?? :)

celfsh
09-25-2003, 06:57 AM
Andrea,

That sounds adorable! DD imitates me by pretending everything is a phone and wandering around the house babbling into it all day. Hmmm...you think maybe I talk on the phone a lot or something? Hope this isn't a sign of what's to come during her teenage years!

Thanks for sharing!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

Andrea S
09-25-2003, 08:46 AM
Congrats!! How cute. We are still waiting for Andrew's first words.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

houseof3boys
09-25-2003, 09:07 AM
LOL. That is too funny that he does it with the pointy finger too.