PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so how would YOU interpret this doctor's visit??? (Maybe TMI)

todzwife
09-25-2003, 11:13 AM
I am trying so hard not to get excited that this baby is coming soon, but yesterdays visit to the OB has made it REALLY hard! I got there and talked to another soon-to-be mommy who is due in a week. She said that the doc barely did the strep test on her last week and just barely started seeing her every week. (All this at her 38 weeks appointment)but the same doc is seeing me every week and did the strep test at 36 weeks. No biggie. Anyway, since I was there getting the swab culture and had nothing on from the waist down, I asked if he could check my cervix too. I just wanted to know out of complete curiosity and because I have been having a lot of contractions if anything was going on down there. Well, I am not dialated BUT I am almost 100% thinned out and "very soft". Oh and Dallin's head is right there. Ok, so I am not really sure how all the dialation and effacement stuff works but he made it sound like I could deliver any day! He said that he is almost positive I will deliver within the next 2 weeks. Ok, so I am leaving and I said "see you next week" and he said "if we are lucky we'll see you before then!" Ok, so THAT was what got me all excited. Now every time I get a contraction I get all nervous! Just watch...I am going to be overdue! LOL!

liya
09-25-2003, 11:16 AM
Im so happy for you...I cant wait for pictures....:)

MartiesMom2B
09-25-2003, 11:43 AM
Who's to say what's going on. I did my darndest to try to get from the doctors when I would deliver. The first cervix check I had I wasn't dialted but I think 50% effaced. I was 38 weeks and I asked the doctor if it looked like I was still due in two weeks. He said yes, and then I said does look more like two weeks or four. Then he laughed and said to make me feel better he would said two weeks.

A week later, when I was very miserable and bloated I was 70% effaced and not dialated but the doctor did something down there. I don't know what, but maybe poked around because I started to bleed some and then my mucous plug fell out and then Martie came two days later.

Good luck. I can't wait to see Dallin's pictures. He'll be here soon enough. Have you started to nest or anything like that yet?

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

todzwife
09-25-2003, 12:22 PM
Nesting? Well I guess you could call it that! Fortunately we just moved about 2 months ago, so my apartment is still organized, but I have been cleaning a lot, mostly because I am afraid I will go into labor in the middle of the night and if I dont have a clean house when I leave, it won't be clean when I get back! I have been spending lots of time in the nursery rearranging the drawers and stuff, mostly because I love to look at all his little clothes. Who knows...all I know is I am so ready to be done being pregnant! I envy the women who have comfortable pregnancies! I am about ready to pop! (I actually had a woman ask me last night if I was going to pop and offer to poke me with a pin to "put me out of my misery"!)

Andrea S
09-25-2003, 01:25 PM
I hope you have better luck than I did. I was fully effaced and dilated 2cm for weeks and my Dr. said I could go anytime and she probally would not see me next week and she saw me for the next 4 weeks and induced me.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

alkagift
09-25-2003, 01:56 PM
Shandelle,
Well, I hope you go as quickly as I did. I had the same situation as you on my regular Monday weekly appointment at 38 weeks, scheduled my next Monday appointment for 4:30 the next week, and had the baby at 39 weeks at 10:30 on my regularly scheduled appointment day!

How exciting for you! Hope everything goes smoothly and we see pics really soon!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew, 5/19/03

mharling
09-25-2003, 01:58 PM
It's so hard to know. I was due on 4/5, had a dr's visit on 4/4 where he said my cervix was thick and hard (sorry if TMI!) and ds was born on 4/6 completely unexpectedly. I guess I'm one extreme and Andrea was the other!

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32e1840e40d - New 9/8

atlbaby
09-25-2003, 02:22 PM
Regardless of when you wind up going into labor, I can't wait to hear the good news and see pictures of Dallin! I'd bet money on his being older than baby#2 though, since my OB didn't say "see you next week if not before" when I left yesterday!:)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2 EDD 10/24/03:)