PDA

View Full Version : OT: yummy food (meal or snack) ideas for vegeterian friends

cchavez
09-25-2003, 05:31 PM
Some friends of ours are supposed to babysit DS one nite next week. I have asked them repeatedly if they want us to order in food for them. And she says, "Don't worry about it." They are both vegetarian and she can only tolerate so much dairy. I want to at least leave some yummy snacks for them to munch on. What do you guys suggest?? I was thinking pita bread and hummus? Or black corn tortilla chips w/ a gourmet salsa??? Olives?

I was also thinking of leaving them a few Amy's organic vegetarian entrees? OR maybe an amy's pizza? Any favorite to suggest?

Thanks so much!

wendmatt
09-25-2003, 07:32 PM
pizza and icecream!! I know as a veggie I'm supposed to be healthy...hee hee! If she can't take dairy, pita and hummus is an excellent idea. Veggie sticks and dip are alway nice to snack on. Yummy cookies too!!

houseof3boys
09-25-2003, 07:34 PM
All of your ideas are great! You don't need to go to a ton of trouble though...how about french bread with chopped tomatoes and basil (aka bruschetta)? Black bean quesadillas? Pasta with a nice tomato and olive oil sauce?

I could go on and on here since I am a vegetarian (pseudo...I eat seafood) so if you want more ideas let me know and I will get my favs for you from epicurious.com (my favorite cookbook ever!)

cchavez
09-25-2003, 07:58 PM
Hey, she just told me she wanted frozen yogurt and nuts. But I think I will get an Amy's pizza so that they have something more substantial too. Thanks so much!!!!!